Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for input regarding the Clearwater School in the Seattle area. I've recently discovered that they have moved campus, which happens to be VERY close to me now! We are seriously considering this school for our son, and I'd really like to get some valuble input (good or bad) from those of you that might have direct experience...past students, current students/families, and maybe those that have left the school.
Any discussion about this particular school would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

~Dana

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I have a friend who was very excited about the sound of that school and made a visit, I think at a time that was designated for potential students and their parents. She observed very similar things that the person at the link posted about. One of her sons tried to play with some of the kids there, and they were very rude to him. There was more to it than that, but that was the jist of it. She asked someone there about it, and they basically shrugged it off and said they don't intervene, or something to that effect. I can't remember all the details, but after what she saw, she was very unimpressed about what actually went on there. Too bad too, because I had been looking at possible "alternative" schools for dd to go to (eventually, we have at least several years to go here) and I really liked the sound of that one.
I felt kinda bad, because I was the one that told her of this school in the first place.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Clearwater was a school I was looking into for my kids next school year after we move out to WA, but after discovering how much it would cost per month to ride the ferry over to Seattle i canceled that idea very quikly. I did however find a list of a few other Democratic schools, including another one in Seattle area
http://www.educationrevolution.org/l...nited%20states You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page for WA schools. We are looking into Trillium since it will be much closer to where we will be living.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bjorker and Boongirl,
Thank You for the thread/ideas! Wow, very eye opening and makes me think a little more carefully. I'd really need to spend a signfigant amount of time at Clearwater to make a decision that is best for my son!

jenniebug,
I totally uderstand the commuting issues. We live in s. snohomish co. and with 2 older children and busy schedules, commuting a long ways is just not a consideration for me. Our choices in this area are really very limited, and that's why I was so excited to hear that a Sudbury school is moving in nearby!

Well, for now we've decided to homeschool thi year. We need to take some time this fall to see Clearwater and get a good feel for how things are run.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts