Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner, ds, and I are thinking of moving to Seattle next year. Can someone help me a little with some info? What are the good areas to live? Where are reasonably priced apts (safe areas)? How's public transportation? I would be so happy if someone could let me know about these things!!!
Thanks!!!
Sarah

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We would like to live in the city. DP is a tattoo artist and I think that there probably would be more of a job market inside the city. I do bartending/wait tables so I can work anywhere. I would like to be able to walk/ride bus (and not rely on a car) to do as much as possible (big advantage of city life
IMO) close to where we would live.
Thank you!
Sarah

· Premium Member
20,157 Posts
We don't live in the city, but just wanted to mention--- there are some great tatoo artists around! I'm sure you and DP will love it!

I also like that waiters are paid at least minimum wage. It makes me
in states they aren't.

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all your responses! I am so jazzed that servers make minimum wage! (I make 2.13/hour here
: )
What are some good areas in town to live? I would like to live somewhere safe-ish, artsy-ish but affordable... any ideas would be greatly appriciated!!!
thank you!!!

· Banned
582 Posts
My friend lives in the Ravenna area and it is very expensive. You might find an older apartment to rent that is cheap (for Seattle) but it won't be cheap. Ravenna is good for bus riding. My friend's dh rides the bus downtown very easily. I've lived in Seattle for 15 years and I've seen the price of housing go up dramatically. It is very expensive. Artsy areas are especially expensive. Georgetown and Columbia City are two neighorhoods that are becoming nicer and artsy but are still relatively inexpensive. Most neighborhoods within 5 miles of downtown are very, very pricey. Greenwood and Lake City are both right on major bus lines to downtown and have a lot of apartments. Georgetown is a bit sketchy and Columbia city is busy but Greenwood has a lot of nice schools and parks. Lake City is changing into a nicer area but is also very busy. The further out in the city you get, the less expensive. I would look at the seattle times website for apartments and houses to get an idea of what they cost. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.