Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this particular skin condition? I have a re-occurring redness and scaling skin on my left eye lid and it is driving me crazy and it is getting worse, it is embarrassing and itchy. I have read some mixed things on this, I am looking for a natural remedy. Any tips on good shampoos and moisturizers for my face. One thing I read was to entirely cut out dairy and gluten. Could this be hormone related? I went to a dermatologist and he said it could be an allergy to metal, anyway I am looking for someone that has had this before.

·
Registered
991 Posts
i wish i could help you, but my dh has it too and we havent gotten very far with it. i am making him take biotin, which is supposed to help and i think it has somewhat. the redness is definitely less. i really think he has an allergy to something but he wont test for anything so it's kind of a dead end for us.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Both of my children have had Seborrehic Demititis on their scalps.<br><br>
My daughter is sensitive to dairy. My daughter's seb. went away upon eliminating dairy from her diet. It has not returned.<br><br>
My son has a corn allergy. We did not eliminate dairy from my son's diet; to do so would be too difficult at this point. In stead, we wash his hair with cider vinegar periodically and make sure he gets lots of direct sunlight. We only see flare ups when we are lax with the cider vinegar and he is spending less time outdoors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts