Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did it take you longer to conceive this time? How long did it take you to conceive?

Did you feel symptoms earlier this time, or later? Were they worse, not as bad, or barely present?

Did you detect the pregnancy earlier or later? Did you 'feel' right away that you were pregnant, or did you have no idea for a while?

I'm just curious. We're about to start TTC #2, though right now we've got the 'if it happens, it happens' sort of thing going on. I'm just wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Did it take you longer to conceive this time? How long did it take you to conceive? It's actually gotten easier for us to concieve each baby. Our first was a 2 year struggle that ended with 4 rounds of clomid and finally a pregnancy. My second took 5 months of trying with an early m/c in there then a sticky pregnancy the next month. My 3rd was a big surprise. This baby was the first try.

Did you feel symptoms earlier this time, or later? Were they worse, not as bad, or barely present? With my last 3 I knew immediately. I just felt different. With my first I was so doubtful after trying for so long that I waited for close to 2 weeks before I finally tested. I did have some symptoms but I just ignored them. The symptoms seem to be about the same. Fatigue, slight nausea when I over exert myself, tender breast and nipples.

Did you detect the pregnancy earlier or later? Did you 'feel' right away that you were pregnant, or did you have no idea for a while? I knew with my subsequent pgs before I was even late. Just felt "different".

Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It took a bit longer to concieve our #2. Doc says it was cuz I was coming off of the pill. Still, it only took like 5 months.

Mia

·
Registered
926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post
Did it take you longer to conceive this time? How long did it take you to conceive?
Before we conceived dd, we conceived the first month we tried. But sadly, we had a loss at 6 weeks. It took 6 months after that to conceive dd.
This time, we conceived the second month we tried.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonfirefaery
Did you feel symptoms earlier this time, or later? Were they worse, not as bad, or barely present?
I felt symptoms much earlier this time. My morning sickness started at exactly 5 weeks and finally subsided at 14 weeks, and was much worse. The I-can't-even-think-about-food type. With dd, it lasted from 7 weeks to 12 weeks and was more like I felt queasy most of the day, but was able to eat at night.
Then again, I am having twins this time, which probably accounts for feeling some of the symptoms earlier and more severly.

Quote:

Did you detect the pregnancy earlier or later? Did you 'feel' right away that you were pregnant, or did you have no idea for a while?
With dd, I was charting and actually thought my period was coming since I had a temp dip. I tested positive for that pregnancy at 16 dpo.
This time, (and again I don't know how much of this is due to a twin pregnancy), I detected it much earlier than last time. About 2 days before my period was due (12 days dpo), I was so tired and bloating, which is not the usual pre-menstrual symptoms for me. That was a tip-off. Also, dd was very clued in: she suddenly started playing this game with her dolls "Look mommy and daddy, there is a new baby in the house. Come see the new baby." This was odd because we had not been around any new babies or seen or read anything that would prompt her sudden interest. Dh and I looked at each other, he went out and got me a test, which I took that very night.
I also starting showing almost immediately (the week we found out) both in stomach and chest. A couple of my friends when I finally told them, said "We thought you might be because you were looking much more...er, endowed."

Quote:

I'm just curious. We're about to start TTC #2, though right now we've got the 'if it happens, it happens' sort of thing going on. I'm just wondering what to expect.
We too, were more of the if it happens, it happens mindset. We were much more relaxed about this time versus me wondering almost all the time and charting.

Good luck to you!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I was worried that with me at 35 and dh at 40, it would take a long time. We concieved the VERY first time we tried!
I knew i was pregnant at that moment and yes the symptoms showed up earlier and were stronger. My nausea lasted over 4 months, yuck!
many blessings for baby making!

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
our kids are all the same space--2 months shy of three years at birth (#3 is due in December...)

I knew really soon that I was pregnant--and as soon as I knew could really wear regular clothing... too tight!

my syptoms as far as morning sickness have been the same with each pregancy--I think I just know how to handle them better now than before...

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been really dehydrated & exhausted all day today. I've been drinking water & resting constantly. Other than that, I'm fine. It's not like being sick...It's like being pregnant! Only, my period isn't due for another ten days, I'm probably barely 3 weeks along. To be having symptoms that early is highly unusual, so I'm thinking I am just feeling it early because it's a second pregnancy. I'm still nursing AND only got off the IUD a month ago, which both increase your chance of twins, so it could be that. Or, of course, I could not be pregnant at all, and my body is just being weird.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Took less time to concieve this time as opposed to last. Took 3 months or so first time and well, 5 days this time.

The symptoms were different this time around but then again, my body is not the same hormonaly since ds's birth. Painful, heavy periods, no more sore boobs before period.

I found out sooner and concieved sooner mainly because I knew more of what I was doing and had more experience charting. I knew my body better.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Quote:
We weren't trying the first two times... but this time it took one month of charting and temping.

Quote:
Earlier, not as bad as baby #2, but worse than the first

Quote:
I felt pregnant right away, got a bfp at 12 dpo. (the first pregnancy i was 9 weeks before i found out, with the second i got a + at 7 dpo!)

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Did it take you longer to conceive this time? How long did it take you to conceive? It took us 3 months of actively trying, charting, etc. with DD. This pregnancy was a surprise! I went off the pill-- to have a couple normal months before we started TTC-- and got pregnant before I had a period.

Did you feel symptoms earlier this time, or later? Were they worse, not as bad, or barely present? I felt symptoms later. I was about 6 weeks when I realized that my nipples were really, really irritated by my seat belt. Which prompted me to think "The last time my bbs/nipples were this sore, I was pregnant. Oh, and I was sick to my stomach the last couple days. That beer tasted awful, I dumped it..." My symptoms were worse this time, but last time I was off work, home w/o a toddler in the first trimester. This time I was working part-time and chasing a two year old, so I felt it much more.

Did you detect the pregnancy earlier or later? Did you 'feel' right away that you were pregnant, or did you have no idea for a while? Like I said above, I detected it later. I hadn't yet missed my period with DD when I realized I was pregnant, and I was 6 weeks this time.

·
Registered
639 Posts
We are very lucky - successful the first cycle with both pregnancies. We had the bases covered so well and I know exactly when I ovulated I was just SURE I was pregnant.
Then I had implantation spotting - just the fainted and almost cried. Still was doubtful the next couple days but when I tested on 12 DPO and it took a couple minutes for the faint line to show ... I was thinking "where is the line? I know I'm pregnant" lol Symptoms are different and better so far - only nauseous for about 2 wks this time, for about 6 wks with my first. I am burping a lot this time, didn't have that with the first. lol

·
Registered
3,713 Posts

well, #1 took one cycle...#2 wasn't tried for...#3 took 6 months after a m/c that took 2 months to get pg for.

they've gotten better with each one. with #1 the gas and nausea started very quickly. with #2 and #3 it's just been the tiredness.

i've only had that with #1, I knew within a week. #2 was a shocker...this one was just waited for with bated breath, I was second guessing everything!

all my pregnancies have been very different!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
dd2 was conceived our first month trying. I did "feel" pregnant pretty early, but I dismissed the symptoms as PMS thinking there was no way I'd get pregnant so fast.

this little bean was conceived after one night of well-timed, unprotected sex. I was trying NFP, and with long (35 day) cycles I didn't realize I would still ovulate on the textbook CD14. Not sure why I thought that
I knew something was different about a week or so later. I tested on cd28 and got a +

My early symptoms with my second pregnany were mild cramping and sore boobs. With this pregnancy I just "knew" something was different. I was a little crampy by the time I took the test, but no other symptoms.

Oh, dd1 was also the result of one night of well-timed, unprotected sex. We were young, and it was my 21st birthday
My cycles have always been long and for whatever reason I tell myself I'm not ovulating when I have every symptom. I'm a slow learner

·
Registered
465 Posts
Quote:

It took us one evening only, to be honest. And I planned it as I knew what was the best time to conceive.
I KNEW I was pregnant as soon as we did it, I just knew. I felt some subtle and hard to describe in words change that occured in my body on the next day. I took the test in due time just to assure my family that I was indeed pregnant. I had my symptoms earlier, too and I was feeling more sick than the first time. I felt first kick/movement at 11 weeks while with dd1 it was at 16.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
My later three pregnancies did take SLIGHTLY longer to conceive. But only slightly. All 4 deals got "sealed" pretty quickly! And I tested positive very early on with all of them. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
DD#1 was one of those "oh let's start TTC", 2 weeks later I was pg. DD#2 took 11 months of TTC due to me still bfing 2 year old dd#1. This pg I didn't detect right away, I had a very early m/c the cycle before and was positive that pg was not happening that month. I did not have early symptoms like I had with dd#1 and the m/c.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Quote:

With DS I got pregnant on the first try, this time it took me 5 months of TTC. I did get a Depo Provera shot a little over a year ago and it REALLY screwed me up so I think that is what took me a while to get preg.

Quote:

I had symptoms every month and swore I was pregnant. The one month I had no symptoms I really was preg! I knew that I was preg 11 days after ovulation because I was charting and I tested. This preg is entirely different than my last, last time I had barely any symptoms, this time I have serious m/s and fatigue.

Quote:

I was charting so I knew early. With DS we were trying so I knew about 2-3 weeks after ovulation.

Quote:

Good luck TTC! I highly reccomend charting (I used fertility friend.com) it teaches you so much about your cycle and ups your chances of conception.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
well, to be honest the only time It took me longer then one try to conceive was when my heart was not in it. We tried for 4 cycles and nothing.

In 9 pregnancies the only one I had "feelings" that I was pregnant before I knew for sure was with my 3rd baby (preg #5) I knew within 5 days I was pregnant even though it did not show in the pee test for another week.

I have not really ever had any major pregnancy symptoms with any of my pregnancies.

Best wishes to you!!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a dream about birthing triplets last night. It was horrible because I had a C-section.
I wonder if that's a sign that I'm pregnant? I usually don't have weird dreams unless I am. Maybe I'm carrying multiples. Either that or I am just crazy. Probably crazy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.