Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies. I'm STILL having a hard time believing this is real. I'm approaching 12 weeks, still haven't gained a pound, and am NOT showing at all. In fact, my skinny jeans went on without any trouble today. I've heard the heartbeat, but for some reason I 'feel' like something isn't right. NO real merit to that statement, but it's just how I feel. Is anyone else showing? Any one else feeling this way?

· Registered
432 Posts
I've even seen our baby now on the sonogram and I'm having a hard time processing the fact that I'm pregnant. Totally excited about being pregnant, but constantly forget that I am!! I'm gaining weight, but it doesn't look like pregnancy weight most of the time. Running around after a toddler, I don't spend much time thinking about all the changes the new baby is going through which is the complete opposite of last time.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm not showing - not that I expect to be. I'm overweight and don't really look pregnant for a while. I'm still wearing the same shorts I wore earlier this summer (but they might be a bit tighter). I heard the heartbeat a few days ago. I'm not really on board though. It's just not the same this time around.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
i could have written this post. i've seen the baby on ultrasound TWICE and am still having a hard time really believing someone new will be joining us in 6 and a half months. i have about 20lbs extra weight on me from my last pregnancy, so i cant agree with the skinny jeans part- but yeah.

· Registered
2,312 Posts
I don't believe it. I keep waiting to find out that i'm not actually pregnant. I'm scared of having 3 kids.

However I my pants are getting tight around my belly. Everything usually squishes, nope it's getting to puffy to squish!

· Registered
7,286 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
I don't believe it. I keep waiting to find out that i'm not actually pregnant. I'm scared of having 3 kids.

However I my pants are getting tight around my belly. Everything usually squishes, nope it's getting to puffy to squish!
Hey, this is me, too! My belly is definitely starting to get bigger. We still have to figure out our vehicle situation to accommodate having 3 kids... and it all just feels academic to me... like a "maybe someday" thing.

· Registered
581 Posts
Well, I am definitely showing! But this is #9 for me and I expected to show early. And I think I really "popped" today. Before now, I just looked a little thicker. (maybe it's bloat
) But even looking very pg today, I'm still in denial... haha! On a serious note, I haven't heard the heartbeat... it sure would make me feel better...

But my 2nd and even 3rd pregnancies took my longer to show, longer to need maternity clothes. By #4 is when I really started showing early. So hang in there, girlie! You are among friends!!

· Registered
2,313 Posts
MMM - I wouldn't say "showing." I'm definitely looking fatter, even though I've lost three pounds. I always lose weight in the first tri.

I think last time I didn't really "show" clearly until the fifth month.

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Oh I am - it's ridiculous!
I had a horrible abdominal seperation last pregnancy & had trained 3 years to finally be able to do a full sit up again. 9 weeks everything came apart. At least now I know what to expect as far as "recovery time!"

7 weeks

11 weeks!

I was just in the Feb. DDC yesterday browsing through their 10wk belly pictures & it made me feel better - I've even searched google images to convince myself I am not alone!

· Registered
7,286 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carley View Post
Oh I am - it's ridiculous!
I had a horrible abdominal seperation last pregnancy & had trained 3 years to finally be able to do a full sit up again. 9 weeks everything came apart. At least now I know what to expect as far as "recovery time!"

7 weeks

11 weeks!

I was just in the Feb. DDC yesterday browsing through their 10wk belly pictures & it made me feel better - I've even searched google images to convince myself I am not alone!

I have split abs, too... Maybe that's why my belly seems so big? I think I'm going to try post-partum belly binding this time to help them bind back together in the first weeks.

My belly is a lot flabbier than yours, though! LOL many many stretchmarks here.

· Registered
2,312 Posts
You can do gentle belly binding occasionally while pregnant too. Don't do it all the time because that's going to hurt your abs in the end (lose more muscle tone) but if baby is too much for a little bit you can wrap your belly up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.