Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe I'm already in the second trimester. This is going by too fast.

How is everyone feeling? Are the first trimester blahs starting to get better?

(the smell of bread made me throw up this morning. No idea why)

·
Registered
137 Posts
No! Don't say it is going fast, because I have done nothing to prepare for baby and I know I'm going to hit the too-pregnant-to-do-anything phase before I get my to-do list out. :)

I love being pregnant. I love the first few months (after the first week crazies). I'm hopeful that I will be a better mom tomorrow than today, even if that means just playing more with my big kids, or learning how our composter works. Being a parent is hard but I've never felt more fulfilled even though things are farrrrr from perfect at my house. You see those moms with five kids, and they seem pretty zen despite their kid refusing to wear shoes during a rainstorm, or peeing on the kitchen floor. And I hope I can get there, too. Before we all land in therapy. :)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'll officially be in the 2nd trimester tomorrow (Thanksgiving.) I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel now as far as nausea/losing food goes, and I don't need a nap Everyday anymore. For me these first weeks can't go quickly enough, because I just want to feel like myself again :) Once I'm at that point I'd like for the weeks to slow down as much as possible, lol!

As a side note, I noticed that July's DDC is up. Yay! We're moving along!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm 18 weeks and two days (due may 1) almost halfway there! Crazy - have an anatomy scan (my first one ever!) today and after that I have promised myself I will start to take this more seriously with planning and stuff.... it still seems surreal and like maybe I'm just putting on weight :)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm 18 weeks and two days (due may 1) almost halfway there! Crazy - have an anatomy scan (my first one ever!) today and after that I have promised myself I will start to take this more seriously with planning and stuff.... it still seems surreal and like maybe I'm just putting on weight :)
Wow! Imagining someone in our DDC at almost 5 months sounds so advanced! Especially to a mama that is due at the tail end of May :grin:

Like you, I still find myself feeling like it's not really real. When I'm in the OB's office and I hear the baby's heartbeat it makes it real, but then weeks go by without those interventions and it begins to feel surreal again. Especially because I haven't felt definite movement yet.

How much movement are you feeling now Liz? Is it past the butterflies and to definite kicks and elbows? :lurk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm 18 wks 1 day and going in for my anatomy scan on Friday, @Lizafava. :) It's definitely more than flutters at this point, more like pokes and nudges down low.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The movement I am getting hasn't changed much. On the ultrasound yesterday the baby was doing jumping jacks and flips and I couldn't feel a thing - I have a big 'ol anterior placenta (again) so I am just feeling little bumps off to the side. It feels the same as it did four weeks ago, but thats how it was before with my other kids, also with anterior placentas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts