Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the second trimenster was supposed to be perfect. But I can't deal with the mood swings. I am starting to worry my marriage isn't going to survive this pregnancy
My husband is a wonderful guy, but he can be socially stupid and say rude things. I can usually remind myself that he is wonderful most of the time and let it slide. Now I can't. And he refuses to EVER take pesponsibility for his words.

Of course it isn't that simple. I tell him he was rude and it spirals into him telling me I am ridiculous and he says mean things like "don't wait for me to appologize, becasue I am never going to be sorry for something you made up."

And we were supposed to go on a date tonight, but it doesn't look good. First time we have had a babysitter in over a month, and I can't stand him. Maybe there is chance he will wake up ready to be nice to me.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:
don't wait for me to appologize, becasue I am never going to be sorry for something you made up.
Oh, I've heard this a few times in my marriage, too. I'm sorry.
I hope you'll be able to enjoy your date. You're very lucky to have the sitter! I can't remember the last time I went out to dinner with my dh alone. Prolly before we had kids, lol! Hopefully your dh will be in a better mood soon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, I hope your evening Saturday turned out wonderfully. I just wanted to chime in with a similar set of complaints. I'm second trimester (18 weeks) and SO on-edge emotionally. I've been trying to figure out if there's something triggering it rather than just hormones, but I think it's mostly hormones added to a lot of life stressors. Dh and I never use harsh words with each other but lately we've been snapping
And I just got back from vacation! I find myself nearly bursting into tears at the smallest push. I don't remember feeling this way in my past pregnancies, but I think I'm suffering from some major lack of emotional support this time. Third time isn't a charm for me, I guess.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkingirl71 View Post
"don't wait for me to appologize, becasue I am never going to be sorry for something you made up."
Oh, yes, mine uses that on me ALL the time, even when I'm not pregnant. I haven't had any mood issues at all in this pregnancy, though. I was irritable when I was feeling sick all the time, but we never did fight then. The only thing I get yelled at for now is the fact that his mom has disowned us for having a baby when she lives in another state and can't get to know her grandchild on a regular basis

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amberskyfire View Post
The only thing I get yelled at for now is the fact that his mom has disowned us for having a baby when she lives in another state and can't get to know her grandchild on a regular basis

My mother constantly gives me a guilt trip for living so far away, they moved to Florida and we moved to CT, I can't help that. It causes me so much stress!!!
I feel for your situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.