Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I am a few days/weeks ahead of most of you (sinc my EDD changed to july 29) but I wanted to share with you all since you are the group I feel an affinity to. I'm 14 weeks today! I have been feeling little, very sporadic movements for the past week or so. and I seem to be having braxton hicks these days which i don't remember from any other pregnancy. I don't have a midwife appt till the 15th of Feb, my midwife is away on holidays, but i might go see the really lovely nurse practitioner who is just down the street to hear the HB. I feel a bit anxious to hear it these days since around now to 16 weeks is when my little angel baby stopped growing/passed away. also i feel pretty good about this pregnancy and my belly is growing right on schedule. i guess after 5 babies I feel like I know what I should be feeling.

How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm almost to the 14 week mark, or on it. The Docs can't make up there mind on when my due date is yet! Last time around this was when I started getting sick, really hope that is not the case this time since I've been sickish the whole time so far. I started waking in the nights now, not being able to sleep, hope that passes soon as well. Already have a nice bump, have had one from about week 6. Looking forward to some movement now. Had an appointment last week, but the ultrasound machine would not work, so didn't get to hear or see baby :(

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ah I can't wait to pass the12-week mark! I'm 10 weeks on Tuesday. And actually my nausea stopped at 8 weeks- nice, albeit concerning.

Can't wait for tri 2!!!!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I'm right around 12 weeks. Have felt a few little movements (more than in my previous pregnancies, actually) and can't wait to start feeling the big kicks and the rolling around soon. I am at the ugly big stage right now, where I just look fat. Most people are figuring it out, though, so it's no big secret anymore. That's always a sort of anxious time for me....I am nervous about how people react, and how they'll treat me, and of course just hoping I keep the baby! It'll be nice to have the next several weeks past me, because it seems like after that it's a bit more smooth sailing.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eternity9111, congrats on 14 weeks! it feels like succh a milestone. Now that im going on 15 I feel like 20 will be the next big one. its so close, and so far away at the same time.
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to see your baby at your appointment.

tournesol, 12 weeks is a big deal. yay! it was more like 13.5-14.5 weeks that im starting to feel better. i still feel queasy and have a lot of food aversions. maybe that wont go away... i feel like im adjusting to it though.

MrsKatie, the next weeks will fly by. I geel like i was just 7-8 weeks a few days ago.

1babysmom, i feel the same way about the not looking pregnant, justfat, and to top it off some days my blaot goes down and then i dont even feel like i have a bump at all, which is weird because by this time last pregnancy it was very bump like, and i couldnt lay on my belly anymore, and i felt BIG. and i dont feel big and i can still lay on my belly. i guess each pregnancy is different.

Im 14+4 today and yesterday had a worrisome day. i had some brown spotting and crampy, peroid like feelings. the cramps lasted most of the day but im also about 98% sure i felt movement in the afternoon and evening. it's so hard to say because last time around i was sure i was feeling it and our baby had already passed away, so now i doubt myself more than i ever did to trust these things. but..I found a name that really seems to fit and it could totally be for a girl or a boy. its not a name that i had ever seen or heard before (i found it in a book that i'm reading - set in wales (my son has a welsh name too) my partner likes it, which is amazing because so far every name ive suggested he wasn't too excited about. I'm kind of woowoo and i consulted my tarot cards and got a very interesting and supportive card (even kind of scary good)
but that said, with the brown spotting and cramping there is a part of me that doubts i will make it to the end, though my partner assures me that everything will be fine, and a huge part of me believes that as well. so many feelings. i wish i had a more strong knowing about how all of this will go. my loss really shook my trust in my body and in my intuition (though i did have a feeling before we found out that the baby had passed away) i guess trust is a thing that is built, so im working on it.

tomorrow i have my first appointment with one of the midwives i plan to see. she is a radical, unregistered midwife friend who i LOVE. im also seeing a registered midwife. not sure how that will all look in the end. i hope i get to hear that baby.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How did your appointment go today MamaFern?
I hope you're able to get some reassurance about the spotting. I'll be thinking of you, I know how scary that must be. Have you felt any more movement?

I'm not quite to the second trimester yet :) Just 10.5 weeks now, but I can't wait. I just feel like time is passing slowly in so many ways. I had my first appointment last week, my midwife was trying to be reassuring that she thinks I will feel less anxious and more secure once we pass the time of our loss... but that feels very far away. I hope she's right.

I hear you about building trust. My biggest question lately was whether to try to find the HB with the doppler with my midwife. I did no ultrasounds at all, including doppler with both of my previous pregnancies. I feel so nervous and worried this time around, so I thought about it a lot and did a lot of research. In the end I decided not to... I can still change my mind, I know I could literally come to my midwife's house any time any day and she would listen... But I just feel like I'm still in the middle of the journey of trying to come back to a place of trust and faith in my body, and I need to just focus on that, keep looking for that and trying to build it for myself somehow. If that makes sense.

I've been enjoying rereading Birthing From Within, and listening to/reading birth stories, etc. Just trying to really dive super deeply into the pregnancy so I can engage and celebrate and be connected.

Thinking about you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am almost there! I will be 12 weeks this weekend. We met with our midwife who delivered our daughter on Tuesday and we were able to hear the heartbeat. She wasn't going to check but I insisted and they were able to pick it up on the doppler.

Unfortunately I am still experiencing a lot of nausea. I seem to recall that at this point in my last pregnancy I was starting to feel better and having fewer food aversions but no such luck this time. Also found out I am iron deficient which explains why I am so tired this time around so I am off to pick up a supplement today.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am almost there! I will be 12 weeks this weekend. We met with our midwife who delivered our daughter on Tuesday and we were able to hear the heartbeat. She wasn't going to check but I insisted and they were able to pick it up on the doppler.

Unfortunately I am still experiencing a lot of nausea. I seem to recall that at this point in my last pregnancy I was starting to feel better and having fewer food aversions but no such luck this time. Also found out I am iron deficient which explains why I am so tired this time around so I am off to pick up a supplement today.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I hear you on the nausea. I'm 15 weeks and still have horrible days. I've never been sick this long.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also , I'm glad you got to hear your baby. I also saw my midwife and asked to hear the hb. It's very reassuring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts