Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly everybody with a due date in October should be into the second trimester officially! How is everybody feeling?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and I feel pretty great, actually. The debilitating exhaustion has passed (just a bit of extra tiredness lingers, but growing a human can do that, I suppose).

Now I've leveled up to the ridiculously realistic and intense dreams. ? Last night's featured an imminent zombie apocalypse and trying to figure out where to take the family and get food, etc. Sounds silly written out, but was really intense and scary through the night and has left me with a feeling of unrest since I woke up.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My exhaustion isn't debilitating anymore, either. I mostly feel groggy and worn out. As for dreams, I know exactly what you mean!
It's like watching a movie while I sleep. Last night I dreamt that I was roller skating (lol haven't done that in years) and I went into a furniture store that had a downhill slant to it. The owner asked me if I would be able to stop myself and I was super confident that I would be able to. Well, of course, once I started picking up speed I nearly crashed into a wall (someone held their hand out to me for support). So intense and bizarre! It definitely felt realistic, so I can imagine how dreaming about zombies would affect you
That inability to stop is such a real and terrifying feeling that my heart raced just reading that!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am 18 weeks yesterday! Out of the exhaustion faze, however DS got sick with a viral upper respiratory infection over Easter weekend. He shared with me and I am still getting over it :( Twice in the last week the coughing and drainage have let to vomiting fits. The last two days I have also woken up with a crusty right eye :/ I am not sure if that means it has gone from viral to bacterial? I'll prob. call later today. With it being Viral there isn't much I can do and it seems to be zapping most of what energy I do have.

Other than that, I have been feeling pretty good! Starting to feel guilty for not spending as much time/thought on this pregnancy as DS1 though. I am assuming this is normal? Struggling to eat healthy, remember to exercise, remember to take prenatal, etc.

I have had too many people in my life lately that have either lost their baby, found out they have severe pregnancy complications, or found out after their baby was born that the baby has serious health concerns. So at this point I am just praying/hoping/worrying about having a healthy baby. Feeling guilty about the lack of attention I have to devote to this pregnancy compared to last doesn't help anything.

3rd Midwife's appointment Wednesday this week which includes dietary review. I will also be scheduling the Ultrasound! Getting excited to almost be at the half-way point while simultaneously mourning how fast this pregnancy is going as it will most likely be my last.

Feeling baby movement pretty regularly :) Can't wait until DS and DH can feel the baby too!

Since this post was so down, I'll share a quick story about DS! He occasionally will talk to baby, which means he *Has* to pull up my shirt to "see" baby, then proceeds to either pat belly while saying things like "Baby Hot", "night night baby", etc. Or he will "Hug baby" by laying his head on my belly. But, his favorite thing is to blow raspberries on my belly 'giving kisses'. It is such an amazing thing to see him start to understand :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Since I've technically got a Sept due date, I've been feeling 2nd trimestery for a bit now. No energy burst yet, still a lot of aversions but its getting better.
We had a virus also (after someone brought a clearly sick kid to a family thing, ugh, with no regards to the pregnant lady, asthmatic kid, or baby present. Poor kid wanted to be at home and was coughing and, for some reason, spitting everywhere). Everyone else seems to have recovered easily but I have a lingering cough that sounds terrible but doesn't bother me much. I had asthma as a child and this feels similar to that and is responding to my son's inhaler but I dont want to use it too much. Its getting on my nerves. Unfortunately, my in laws had a big visit planned right during my sick part so we had some guests during it too! So stressful. And my 3 year old older son got his very 1st pair of glasses during this and we found out
We're having a girl!!!!!!!!
So we've had a busy past few weeks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.