Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have the regular denim, and it rides down too. The belly panel just doesn't hold the pants up that well for me. But I do best with a wide elastic band across the navel instead of a panel of any kind.

The panel itself stays up though. And they *are* comfy until they start sliding down.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I find that they ride down a little bit. I love the cargo pants version, though! Those don't ride down at all.

ETA: oops, mine are Oh Baby by Motherhood with the secret fit belly, available at Kohl's. I don't have any directly from Motherhood.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the super stretch version, and I hated them for the first 6 months of my pregnancy because they would ride down all the time (but they were super comfy if I was sitting for long periods of time). Now, I love them though. My (much) bigger belly definitely holds them up better, and the stretch keeps them comfy when most of my other maternity pants are no longer wearable. I recommend getting a wide elastic band style pair for earlier in the pregnancy and a secret fit panel for later on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought both kind and returned the secret fit stretch. They seemed to fit really well at the store and for the first three hours- after that they sagged and looked really terrible. I even exchanged one pair for a smaller size thinking this would help but they still got saggy and looked bad. I'd stick with the regular denim that they offer...
Another post mentioned getting the motherhood jeans at Kohl's- I found some great stuff there and it's nice to be able to try things on since it's hard to tell what is going to fit. Bonus: they have a great return/exchange policy if they don't work.

Happy hunting....

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I got some secret belly fit from Mimi because the ones at Motherhood are too short
:. THey were pricey and they NEVER stayed up, not in the beginning and not now when my belly is huge. They were such a waste of money. THe lighter weight pants do stay up. I got full panel jeans from old navy that are so much better, about the same price as motherhood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.