Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Anyone seeing an ob for their pregnancy but choosing to UC? I have been on the fence with everything so much. I have no problem UC but my husband wants a midwife but at this point Im having no luck with finding one so Im really going to try to talk my husband into it. I plan on seeing an ob through the pregnancy without telling them my plans. I want to just say oops baby came too fast but Im also worried they will want me to come right in. So if we go in this direction how should I play it?</p>

·
Registered
436 Posts
<p>I'm seeing an OB for my twin pregnancy, and I'm glad for it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm also planning a UC, an "oops, babies came too fast!"  Which is more likely to happen with twins at least, lol.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think that if I make it to 38 weeks, I'll just stop making appointments with my OB.  If they question me, I'll say that I changed practitioners last minute.  But I doubt they will question me.  When they called me saying to call them to make an appointment with the perinatologists, I just ignored it, and they never said anything about it, except my OB asked if I was seeing them, and I said no.  He didn't seem to care.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm still not sure if I will go to the hospital after they are born or not, especially if I tell them I changed practitioners.  I might just get a pediatrician to look at them a few days pp (assuming they appear to be in good health).  But still kind of unsure! =P</p>

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
<p>I'm going to start seeing an OB if I get approved for medicaid. But, I'm also wondering the same thing about what to tell the OB about the birth and when. I know not to tell them it was on purpose of course but still not sure when or how to tell them. I don't plan to go to the hospital after the birth unless there is an emergency.</p>

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
<p>Plan on doing the same as the above, probably with the "I'm changing practitioners" bit and then just seeing my awesome pedi a few days after birth.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts