Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow, at age 30, I JUST heard about this product! I am finding lots of info online about the Keeper....but I am irritated by latex. So, I am interested in trying the Diva Cup (silicone).

Does the Diva Cup work as well? Is it comfortable? Irritating? Durable? Associated with infection? Worth the 30 bucks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I have both the Diva cup and the Keeper and they a basically identical except for the fact one is made of rubber and the other in silicone. I have not experienced infection with either. I for sure have more than gotten my money's worth from my purchase.

Deborah

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are sensitive to latex, are you sensitive to rubber?

According the the Keeper website, natural gum rubber is still latex.....so, no Keeper for me

One criticism of the Diva Cup that I read was that silicone attracts small particles through static. Don't really know if that is true, or what that would mean in practical application?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I LOVE my diva cup! Very easy to use, comfortable (can't even feel it!) and durable. I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I did clip the stem short when I first got it because I could feel it, but one good clip with a pair of nail clippers and I now sometimes forget it's even there! Highly recommended!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.