Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a bit about me...

i have a 16-month-old son and another on the way in december (i don't know what it is). i'm a student midwife, not currently apprenticing. i don't have any family here in utah and i don't know anybody. we're vegan, CD, hopefully co-sleeping with the next one. we don't have a car and i have some health problems so i don't get out much. i'm pretty liberal and that doesn't go over so well here, so i'd like to meet people (in or out of the church, i don't care) who share my values, but i'm open to anything. because i'm sort of housebound it would be nice to meet people who were willing to come here or meet me nearby (i'm in murray), preferably indoors until it cools off. i do have animals but our apartment is very clean. we don't have a tv. we're active in politics and very big readers. i basically just feel really lonely and isolated and those things created big problems for me after my son was born, so i'm hoping to rectify the problem before this next baby comes. my husband is a waldorf teacher and with the train/bus commute he's going to be gone about 13 hours a day soon, so i'm worried about handling everything in a few months. i'm really talkative once you get to know me but shy at first. geez, this sounds like a singles ad or something. so...i like candlelit dinners and long walks on the beach.
i don't really know what else to say...i think i'm pretty fun to be around but it's been a long time since i was really around anyone but my husband so who knows. he thinks i'm fun.
so...if anyone is as desperate for friendship as i am, let me know!

chandelle'

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
I'm north of you in Utah, so the drive would be a problem (especially since I don't have air conditioning in my car!) but I'd be happy to be an email friend! I can certainly relate to the loneliness of being liberal in Utah.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm happy with that too! i have lots of email friends. i used to feel weird about it but i met my husband as a penpal, so, you know.

i think it's definitely harder to be liberal here when you're also lds. doesn't seem to go over so hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts