Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a good friend of mine may be transfering jobs to grand rapids for work to be closer to ailing family...what's it like there? culture? cool places? hiking? yummy resturants? give me the low-down! thanks!!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's a small city - has a great art crowd.. they have been trying for years to have a big city nightlife... and they're getting there. For junk food the best is Yesterdog (they have a veggie dog it doesnt have a dog) otherwise the One Trick Pony is a good fancy place. There is the White Pine Trail biking trail that is super long (never been on it, but I hear its really cool).
Other than that - it totally depends on where you live. I grew up right outside of GR and it looks like we will be moving back soon - so if there is more, or if something changed drastically ~ I'll be waiting to hear what others say too!!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
GR is pretty great city. There are a ton of great parks. Blandford Nature Center is great for hiking. Frederick Meijer Gardens has a wonderful childrens garden and play area; they also have concerts in the summer. There's the Children's Museum, Van Andel Museum, Gerald R. Ford Museum, and Art Museum. There're theaters, and the Van Andel Arena. GR is home to a professional Ballet company, the Griffins (AHL), the Whitecaps (baseball), and Rampage (arena football).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts