Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I'm a queer mom and working artist living in Highland Park in Los Angeles and looking to find other lefty/radical, progressive, AP parenting style, queer families in LA/eastside. My partner and I have a 10 month old son.<br>
Let's hang out.<br>
Stanya

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi, I don't live in LA, but in Riverside. I am familiar with a place though where you can meet other queer parents who live in your area. Family Services Program, a part of the Gay and Lesbian Center. It's a great program and they have lots of events where you can meet others, including us! Give them a call, get on their mailing list, and attend some events, they are truly wonderful. We are going to their family camp in the mountains in November, they are a lot of fun and a cheap weekend. I just got back this weekend from their weekend in Palm Springs, they had 88 families! Anyway, good luck, and hope to see you at an event sometime! They are doing a free brunch at Gay Days at Disneyland this weekend btw.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi, My DP and I live in the Verdugos (not far from Glendale) and DSS and his mom live in Highland Park. We're homeschoolers and go to a number of HS events in the area. The 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month there's a HS family playgroup at the Audubon Center in Debs Park at 10:30am. We will be going starting at the end of October (religious holidays between now and then). We also go to a homeschool park day on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 1pm in Burbank. If you're interested, send me a private message and I'll give you more details. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm in LA! I live in Palms, and I have a 3.5 y.o. son. I'm new to the area (since September) and recently separated, so would love to meet some folks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts