Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find it anywhere!

I work with teens & young adults for my job, so I'm usually pretty good at being patient or at least doing the "fake it till you make it" pretend-patience until the end of the day. But lately I can hardly even do that! "Are you f-ing kidding me?!?" is a common thought that I have these days about everything.

In order not to go insane, I thought I would type out some silly things that usually wouldn't bother me, but seem to really push my buttons lately. Once I see them written out, they just make me laugh instead of making me angry:

• (to my dad) Don't forget that the earth rotates around the sun every day, and just because it's 8am in your time zone, doesn't mean that it's a decent hour to call someone who is 5 hours behind you
  • (to my co-workers) When I'm trying to schedule a meeting with a bunch of you and I say, "What times work best for you tomorrow: 8am, 9am, 11am or 3pm?" there is no need to email me back giving me details of your schedule "Oh, I'm going to a doctor's appointment at 10, so I don't know if I'll be back in time.. and then I have to make a phone call ... blah blah blah.." just tell me what time works for you!
  • (to my cats) Just because I wake up 5 times a night to pee, doesn't mean I want to play or pet you each time! No, I don't care that you are cute and cuddly!
  • (to my kitchen) Just because I want to eat food, doesn't mean that I want to cook or clean up afterwards!

Please tell me this is just a pregnancy thing, and that I'm not forever going to be a grumpy monster. What is testing your patience these days?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I was just about to post about returned irritability big time in third trimester. I am a clinical social worker/therapist and stopped work in June because i am very low on patience these days. I am struggling to be patient with my 4 yr old- and my husband is constantly responding as if im being a jerk- I think in my head the underlying thought is :leave me alone- EVERYONE!!!"

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

• (to my kitchen) Just because I want to eat food, doesn't mean that I want to cook or clean up afterwards!
Ooooooh, this is the story of my life!
ROTFLMAO.gif

This is the only one that leaps to mind right now...

(To my insurance company) Why you will cover half of a breast augmentation, but you will only reimburse me for $10 per chiropractic visit, makes absolutely ZERO sense. It makes even less sense to my pelvis. Maybe I would feel differently if I wanted a boob job.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Ooooooh, this is the story of my life!
ROTFLMAO.gif

This is the only one that leaps to mind right now...

(To my insurance company) Why you will cover half of a breast augmentation, but you will only reimburse me for $10 per chiropractic visit, makes absolutely ZERO sense. It makes even less sense to my pelvis. Maybe I would feel differently if I wanted a boob job.
Oh, insurance.

I discovered that while it says it covers all the "standard tests" in pregnancy, it won't cover ultrasounds until I've met my deductible. Really? That's one way to make sure I'll meet it!

I learned long ago that paying cash at the chiropractor is usually cheaper that using insurance. Without: $35. With: $45 plus co-pay! Logical.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Oh yes!! Zero patience. Especially with my cats.

• I do not care that the counters are too messy and you can't jump to the top of the fridge. Stop meowing.
  • Stop meowing.
  • Stop following me everywhere and then trying to sit on my head whenever I sit down on the couch. I know you love me and are trying to protect me, but sitting on my head and licking my hair is ANNOYING.
  • Stop meowing.
  • You have food, you have water, your litter is clean. STOP MEOWING AT ME.

I get that they sense a baby is coming or whatever, but man. They are like little leeches lately. My goodness!!

I'm very moody with the general public. If I'm in the food store and pushing a cart, and Nora is walking along side, and you're too busy chatting to notice us, you will get a huge, loud, "EXCUSE US." with absolutely no question that I want you to MOVE. I don't know why people can't see us. I'm the size of an elephant and Nora is a chatterbox. We aren't like stealth ninjas walking around being covert.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I don't know why people can't see us. I'm the size of an elephant and Nora is a chatterbox. We aren't like stealth ninjas walking around being covert.
My sister found that she became invisible at the end of her first pregnancy. People in store would talk about her as though she wasn't there. "Oh, you can tell by the way she's walking it's a boy/girl" or "Well if I was that pregnant, I'd be sitting at home, can't believe she hasn't burst yet" etc. etc. chatting with their fellow passersby in the grocery store.

She ran out of patience one day and snapped at them "I can hear you. I'm pregnant, not deaf" and carried on with her shopping. Wonder if they still talk about every single pregnant woman they pass, or if they are too scared?!

(I guess, invisible, isn't the right word, b/c they could SEE her, but acted as though she was a piece of furniture)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Quote:

I'm very moody with the general public. If I'm in the food store and pushing a cart, and Nora is walking along side, and you're too busy chatting to notice us, you will get a huge, loud, "EXCUSE US." with absolutely no question that I want you to MOVE. I don't know why people can't see us. I'm the size of an elephant and Nora is a chatterbox. We aren't like stealth ninjas walking around being covert.
I have the opposite problem right now. It seems that everybody in the store wants to talk to DS, and I just want to get what I'm there for and get home. Honestly if one person stops us to tell us how cute DS is then make him smile it seems like it becomes open season for people to stop us and admire our little boy. Its not news, we already know he's cute, and that he's an expert flirt at only 13 months old. But seriously, with my huge belly and tired feet I really don't want to stop and talk to every person in the store about how cute DS is, or that yes we are having another one already, and yes they will be close together in age, and yes I suspect it probably will keep me busy for quite some time. Now can I please just get what I came for so I can go back home and rest.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Its so true, every word of it. My son flirts with everyone and anyone who gives him even a second of attention. And now that he sits by himself in the shopping cart he has a great time flirting with everyone, and they ALL somehow feel compelled to respond and stop us in our tracks.

I think some days I'd rather we were invisible in the store.

·
Registered
374 Posts
this is so funny. yes, yes, yes. i am here with you all ladies. i especially have a note to people who talk about my public condition as if i were no where within hearing range. i am even hearing impaired, and these comments come through loud and clear. STOP talking about my body! think it to yourself if you must, and wait until i am much further away to discuss me with your friends!!

my favorite was while out and about the other day. i must be growing as annoyed on the outside as i am on the inside. a woman interrupts everything to rudely ask me (with no greeting or lead up) "what are you having?"

i tell her quickly and sharply, "a baby."

she sputters and spits then smirks at me. "well, yeah. is it a girl or a boy?"

i tell her "we'll see."

she turns around to speculate with her buddy. so far, the general consensus of all the strangers i've been commented on by is that i will be having a boy. funny thing is, i am still carrying super high. i am just huge. i wonder what warrants this a boy belly? i think there's a little girl in there. and should someone actually care to have a conversation, not just intrude into my business, i will be warmer and tell them what i think. just sick sick sick of folks who yell out to me to give them information that means nothing to them in their own lives.

i feel like sticking my tongue out at them, in real life. i might try it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Haha! This thread is great.

Quote:

What I love is how people seem to think that, just because I'm huge and pregnant, they are perfectly justified at cutting me off on the street, going through a doorway, getting in the bus, anything. And then walking super slow themselves. Maybe this is how old people feel
blush.gif

To my counters, walls, random objects not stuck to the floor: stop bumping me and falling off of things when I so much as get near you :p

·
Registered
545 Posts
I haven't really had any problems with other in public. I feel left out lol. The only comment I've gotten is from people we know that say I look small for being due in August. It doesn't bother me....although I don't feel so small.

My patience, however, is GONE. I feel so bad for DD who is stuck here with her grumpy mama all day. I try so hard to not lose it with her. She's a 2 yo she's gonna make messes. I'm just really tired of cleaning them up repeatedly throughout the day since it's not all that easy to get to the floor anymore.

My husband says he's ready for baby to be here so I won't be in such a bad mood anymore. Apprehently I'm acting as if I'm in a bad mood even when I think I'm not. When he says stuff like that it makes me even more mad. I wish men could get pregnant too!!! Then he'd understand how miserable we are. And I can't stand it when DD wants his attention so much and he goes off and gets on the computer or turns on the t.v......I'm like can you just play with your daughter, she's wanted to see you all day! I know he's tired from work and wants a break when he gets home but she needs his time too. I also get pretty pissed when he asks me to clean anything. I do what I can and I'm not gonna stress about it. This rent house is the pits and all of our stuff is still packed up in boxes ready to be moved into our next house, hopefully at the end of the month, so it's pretty cluttered and a mess in here. This house was such a nasty disaster when we moved into it that I'm tempted not to clean anything when we leave, I don't wanna waste the energy.

35 weeks today...5 more weeks to go. Really ready for this kid to be evicted! I want to feel normal again!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

My patience, however, is GONE. I feel so bad for DD who is stuck here with her grumpy mama all day. I try so hard to not lose it with her. She's a 2 yo she's gonna make messes. I'm just really tired of cleaning them up repeatedly throughout the day since it's not all that easy to get to the floor anymore.
Why does EVERYTHING end up on the floor!?! OMG it's insane! The other day I was just going to push broom everything out the front door!
lol.gif

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
(To perfect strangers) -- I don't want to talk to you. I don't like talking to you while I'm not pregnant, I especially don't like talking to you WHILE pregnant. My life is miserable enough, please just let me go about my business. And please, shut your gaping maws and stop staring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevena true View Post

my favorite was while out and about the other day. i must be growing as annoyed on the outside as i am on the inside. a woman interrupts everything to rudely ask me (with no greeting or lead up) "what are you having?"

i tell her quickly and sharply, "a baby."
Perfect stranger: oh, you're HUGE! When are you due?

Me: NOT soon enough (harumph)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

To my counters, walls, random objects not stuck to the floor: stop bumping me and falling off of things when I so much as get near you :p
I feel like my house is out to get me sometimes. My poor belly is covered in little scrapes and bruises. Sigh.

Quote:

Why does EVERYTHING end up on the floor!?! OMG it's insane! The other day I was just going to push broom everything out the front door!
lol.gif
(To DS) -- Just because you can put an item on the floor, doesn't mean you should. Just because you can put EVERYTHING on the floor, doesn't mean you should. Also, please stop eating off the floor, it grosses me out. The floor is for walking on and sitting on. Feel free to do more of the latter.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:

Why does EVERYTHING end up on the floor!?! OMG it's insane!
Ugg, That's how I feel too, between me being extra clumsy and DD just being a 2.5 year old I am always having to pick things up off the floor, by the end of the day I can hardly handle it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.