Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DD is 8 months old.  Between 4 and about 6 months I saw major improvements in her ability to go to sleep and stay asleep at night.  Then at 6 months she started having all sorts of problems that wreaked havoc on her nights (reflux, post-nasal drip, chronic night-pooping, teething, etc.)  Of course I don't expect her to sooth herself through discomfort, so I started having to sooth her a LOT during the night.  Now, however, she needs/wants me to sooth her like this even if she's not uncomfortable, and I'm not sure how to get her back on track.  She's not a whiner - she's instantly crying for me when she wakes, so giving her time to resettle doesn't really work.  Any other ideas/tips?  Should I just be patient and trust her to improve in her own time as I did before this whole mess started?</p>

·
Registered
850 Posts
<p>well ... i take this as she liked having you there to soothe her so now she doesnt want you to leave. not all babies STTN, even the ones that used to. my ds1 used to fall asleep all by himself in his own crib (before we coslept) and then all of a sudden, he needed to be rocked. a year later, he still needs me at nap and bedtime. but im his mama and i change with him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>trust your baby. she knows what she needs :)</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts