Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I have an 11month old boy.  I love co-sleeping.  He's still nursing.  I let him use a pacifier at times to help him sleep longer in between nursing.  He usually goes to bed around 7:30pm-8pm (nursing) and then sleeps by himself for 45min-2hrs. I am struggling with the fact that after that initial waking he does not seem capable of being soothed back to sleep unless I (or my husband) stays with him in bed.  He will fall back to sleep, but then he wakes up again about 5-15min. after I slip out of the bed.  I am a graduate student and I need to have some time to study in the evening.  How can I continue to co-sleep and not be bound to go to bed around 8:45pm every night?  Any suggestions?  I have read (most) of the "No Cry Sleep Solution," and have not had huge success with the methods.  He doesn't seem to have any interest in a lovey, but perhaps I'm not introducing it in the right way???</p>

·
Registered
63 Posts
<p>I have no great suggestions (other than perhaps white noise or a classical music cd to mask the sound of you leaving, or get a book light and study in bed) but would like to offer some light at the end of the tunnel....</p>
<p>Our daughter was kinda the same - would wake every 45min until we came to bed....then at around 16mths she started sleeping longer in the evening, AND now at 18mths she says byebye to me after going to bed (co-sleeps) and I leave the room while she's still awake and she falls asleep - this was totally initiated by her..I was astounded! and stays asleep for most of the evening. </p>
<p>It might not help you now, but I promise it will get better!</p>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Kiwi, thanks for your reply.  I will try the music/white noise... and the booklight is a good idea.  It helps so much to feel like someone is listening.  Thanks again!</p>

·
Registered
63 Posts
<p>No worries..Its nice to feel like you're not the only one too aye? Especially when everyone else "in-real-life" seems to have babies who sleep.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also wanted to say that we tend to get the best evening sleeps when she's had a really physically active day.  So I have to make sure to include lots of running around.  Didn't work before she was able to walk, but now the physical thing is a huge help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Don't know if your LO is walking yet, but when he does, it might mean better early-evening sleeps.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts