Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever sell an animal and then wish you hadn't? I sold a little buckling (goat) the other day, and then sold his sister when pressed if she was for sale. We really liked her, but she was grade, and we are trying to go with registered animals. But DD and I miss her. She was a favorite. *sigh* She went to a good home... DD and I are going baby shopping just as we can!!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I never have, but I can see how you'd feel that way. I've always got a running tally in my head when it comes to my animals. I have one goat that never drops below the number one spot - and probably never will, even if she stops producing - but the others are always fluctuating based on everything from temperament to milk production to mothering ability to intelligence to health...

I will sell off any of my animals that are in the bottom half of that list, preferably the lowest ones first, but any of the bottom four can go at any time really, if I find the right buyer. I can't be pressed hard enough to sell off my favorite goat and the other three would take a mortgage payment to get them off my property.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I guess I didn't realize how attached we were to her. She's just 6 weeks old. I knew in my head she didn't really fit in my breeding plan, and we really don't need pets. But she had a really good temperment. I'm hoping we find somebody we really love to cheer us up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.