Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm considering offering hand made pouch slings on my website. The only thing holding me back is insurance. At this point I don't even know where to start researching, if I even need it, or what kind of policy to look for.<br><br>
Anyone with more experience have some advice?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
There are quite a few discussions about this at thebabywearer.com in the bussiness forum. Its a tough descision to make. Its extremely difficult to find this type of insurance (most will turn you down) and even harder to find one that a WAHM can afford. They can range from a few hundred dollars (very very rare) to thousands. Ball park quotes I've recieved have been around $5-10k a year. Sorry, wish I was more help!<br>
ETA: Its easy to find insurance to resell slings and even make other products. But insurance to make slings is different.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I found an insurance broker by contacting my local SCORE office. They were able to recommend a couple of different firms. If you're just starting out, SCORE is always a good place to start.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies! I will check out thebabywearer forums and I'll probably learn something there.<br><br>
klink2 - I'm in Vancouver not far from you. Maybe I should check out your local broker!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts