Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Also wanted to add that Milwaukie is pretty close, and they have some private schools there. Maybe if you could be more specific of the type of private school you prefer, I could help better. There are a few fancy-schmancy ones just over the bridge on the West side.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really looking for a fancy school...just a smaller school. He has never really been to a large school before. I love the highschool Waldorf school but it is too expensive.
Is there a public highschool in the area?
If so is it small or large? Could you tell me about it.

Thanks for the early welcome! I am excited to be coming back to Ptown!
:

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
The public high school is pretty big (to me), 1500 students in 2007. It's Cleveland High School. It's pretty far, actually, on 26th and Powell. I'm pretty disappointed that this is our high school. My daughter goes to Llewellyn, which is a small elementary school that overlooks Oaks Wildlife Refuge. I love the community feel and that we can walk to school. She wants to go to Sellwood middle school, which is a bit farther, but still feels like our neighborhood, you know? Cleveland High does not feel like it's in our neighborhood at all.

Well, this causes me to want to do more research on nearby private high schools, although I'm still hoping she'll want to homeschool for high school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.