Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "getting to know you" meeting with the human resources director at a local hospital- sort of a "this is who I am, here is my resume, keep me in mind for a job in the future because I am a good catch." An acquaintance (a moody one, at that) set it up yesterday for today at 1:00. As luck would have it, our stupid printer is not working! I found an outfit to wear that I forgot about that is PERFECT for this, I found my resume paper, and I found my resume which is killer. So, instead I emailed the resume to the acquaintance. I woke up at 4:00am and realized I didn't update it with my current job! Do I email it to him again and risk him thinking I am even more of an idiot? I can't even print it out at the local library because they don't open till 2:00.

The saving grace may be that my most relevant experience is at my last job so I could just tell them that... and I am looking for a position that doesn't even require a resume.

I blame pregnancy brain. It would be SO nice to get something with benefits...

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: I just talked to the acquantaince. He said "oh, I don't think you even need a resume today- just come in and meet her and you will be fine. Tell her what a good catch you are". So, all that lost sleep for nothing. He did tell me my resume needs work.
but I guess it is better to know from him than from her!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It went fine! Their benefits are great- tuition reimbursement, insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, employee assistance program... and the best part is, they give benefits after only 20 hours of work a week! I have to keep checking online and begin applying 4-6 weeks before I am ready to go back to work. The place is beautiful too.. they do independant living, assisted living, full nursing care type living, the regular hospital... 850 employees work there. There is bound to be something that is perfect for me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.