Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my application for a limited-access program all ready to go. I decided not to fold the dozen or pages up in thirds to fit in a regular envelope. What I'd like to know is : Would it be too much if I put everything into a report cover or some other type of binder to make it look more professional? Or is it better to just slide the stack straight into a manila envelope and send it as is?

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
I'd use a clippy thing to hold it altogether, and then just put it in the envelope. If you use a report cover, I suspect it will be just be trashed. Did you do a nice cover letter that list all the things included?

Good luck! I just finished a program of study this spring, and it feels great. I remember how nervous I was applying!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was worried about adding frills that would get thrown away, so I won't bother with it.

A cover sheet never occurred to me! Off to look for templates...

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
I do a lot of hiring and I do really look at cover letters. It is amazing how many people do not even proof read their own cover letters and leave typos and missed punctuation, etc! Anyway the cover letter gives good feel for the person--what they think is important and such. I agree with Linda, a fancy report cover wouldn't be necessary. Often the person opening applications and resumes needs to pass them on to several people anyway, depending on what field you are in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts