Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had sensitive skin. i can't use hardly any kind of lotions, no fragrances, only certain soaps and it has to be incredibly limited use of pretty much everything except hydrocortizone OINTMENT. Even the cream kind irritates my skin. i've just learned to avoid pretty much all my irritants. unfortunately starting when i was pregnant i noticed a red splotchy rash coming and going on my hands. my hands would get dry and i tried lotions and ointments. it continued to get worse and worse throughout my pregnancy and now is up my arms. the way it works is: the rash only appears when i get my skin wet(ie washing dishes, doing laundry, washing my hands, and taking showers or baths. pretty much anything involving water) which makes things really difficult. so my skin gets wet and starts to burn, the rashy patches turn bright red, then the only thing that helps is to use hydrocortizone ointment all over the red patches. the only other thing i've found that kinda helps is drinking this special filtered water from my gmas house. i've also talked to my aunt who had the same thing and said that the only way she got hers to go away was to drink this water exclusively. prior to that she got the rash while pregnant with her first ds and it continued for nearly 8yrs until she started drinking this water.<br><br>
my question is: does anyone know, or has any had any experience with some sort of skin irritation that occurs in pregnant women and lasts afterward? what is this? how do you deal with it?<br><br>
TIA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts