Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This event is geared towards children with <b>sensory issues</b>. The sound will be lowered and the lights will be turned up a little in the theater.<br><br>
Dec. 5: Special fundraising (for the Autism Society of America, MA branch) showing of Elf at Framingham AMC Theatres.<br>
$10 donation per family.<br><br>
You can also visit with Santa, who will arrive at 9:30.<br>
There will be activities and a free Christmas ornament as well as free popcorn<br>
and drinks supplied by the AMC Theatres. The film will be sensory friendly and<br>
will start at 10 am.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What a great idea. *I* think movies are wayyyyy too loud. I can only imagine how a sensory sensitive child would be overhwhelmed by it. I just wish it wasn't so early on Sat morning. We have things to do this weekend anyway so we can't come.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Autism Alliance of Metrowest coordinates all the sensory friendly films in Framingham. They are always early because it is meant to mimic kids on the spectrum routines. It's great. Not only is it not as loud but the light are dimmed slightly. And my favorite part is if my son makes noise when he stims it's no big deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts