Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine runs a very fun and very thought provoking website...I thought this was a note that was worthy of posting over here at mothering.<br><br>
He has a point, in my opionion.<br><br>
-tracy<br><br><br>
"Separated at Birth? 12:04 PM<br>
Two quotes with one kind of rhetoric...<br><br>
While there are many reasons young Muslims sacrifice their lives -- including the honor and money bestowed onto their families after their death -- it is the martyr's afterlife that captures the imagination. [...] Candidates for martyrdom were told the first drop of blood shed by a martyr washes away their sins. They could select 70 of their nearest and dearest to enter Heaven; and they would have at their disposal 72 houris, the beautiful virgins of paradise, Hassan recounted in the New Yorker."<br><br><br>
"Paul Hill, the unrepentant anti-abortion activist who murdered a doctor and bodyguard at a Florida abortion clinic, was scheduled to die by chemical injection on Wednesday in an execution he said would make him a martyr. [...] "The sooner I am executed ... the sooner I am going to heaven," Hill said in a jailhouse interview. "I expect a great reward in heaven. I am looking forward to glory. I don't feel remorse."<br><br>
"As I once wrote about such folks: If there is an afterlife, I have a feeling they're in for a big surprise when they get there. And if there isn't an afterlife, they're in for a bigger surprise."<br><br><br><a href="http://www.newsfromme.com/" target="_blank">http://www.newsfromme.com/</a>

·
Registered
462 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that so called Pro-Life people can go out and kill another person. I AM pro-life. I believe with all my heart that abortion is murder, however I would not murder an abortion doctor, it violates all I believe in and hold dear. How can I say that I am taking action on the side of life if I choose to end one??? This man is just wrong, wrong, wrong!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">How can I say that I am taking action on the side of life if I choose to end one??? This man is just wrong, wrong, wrong!</td>
</tr></table></div>
I know what you mean. I never understood that logic. If you could call it that.<br>
basically it is self-righteousness on steroids...and oh, yeah,...with a gun.<br><br>
if I'm wrong and he's in heaven accepted by jesus...well, then I don't know...

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Good comparison of <i>extremist</i> views.............<br><br>
Hill was a minister. Left 3 children. What a waste.<br><br><br>
I've been struck the past days by all the irony.<br>
He said yesterday he was shocked that he got the dp. I wonder why. (?)<br>
As a christian how can he think he is right when the same commandment he claims protects the unborn also tells him not to kill?<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">How can I say that I am taking action on the side of life if I choose to end one??? This man is just wrong, wrong, wrong!</td>
</tr></table></div>
That's what I've been saying about Bush!!!!<br><br><br>
El

1 - 4 of 4 Posts