Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has recently started screaming bloody murder the minute ANYONE touches him other than me. It came out of nowhere and I don't understand it. He won't even let his father hold him. I mean, I love that he wants me all the time but I am a little worried. I don't remember this at all with our daughter.

Is it too soon for him to have such a strong preference for momma?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I don't think that's rare at all. My 10 week old already pulls the pouty lip thing when someone else other than my DH or myself holds her!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am soooooo glad you posted this. I have been going out of mind with this, too. Elaina started screaming her head off around 4 months (5 weeks ago) whenever ANYONE else besides me held her. And like you, it came out of the blue. I posted about this a few weeks back and got some good suggestions. I'll try to find the link.

I thought it was a phase that would quickly pass but that is not so. Her father, who is absolutley wonderful with her, is getting a real complex from this behavior. She'll be in a great mood all day with me but as soon as someone else hold her, all hell breaks loose- even when I am standing RIGHT NEXT TO HER!

I don't know if it is seperation anxiety or some serious mommy attachment or a bit of both, but it is very reassuring to hear that someone else is going through this because it is really hard. It is really hard to never get a break. It's really hard wondering what I did to cause this and its really hard on everyone else who loves this little girl so so much and want to hold and cuddle her.

I would love to hear any advice, suggestions on how to handle this and of course, I'd love to hear from others who went through this who can reassure us that this too will pass.......

diana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts