Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been going on for several months. O is nearly 10 months now. Initially I thought it was just Mama phase, but it's getting ridiculous now. He screams and cries when I hand him over to DH in the evening when I need to be getting other things done. I'm in the same room and he can see me, but he wants to be on me. OK, I'll put him in a carrier and he's fine. It's nothing to do with DH, it's the fact that he wants to be with Mama all-the-time. He's in daycare a few days a week, with me one day and with DH one day. DH always says in the evening: O's not like this when it's just he & I all day. So it's my presence that makes him grumpy. If he can't see me at home he calms down, but as soon as he sees me again it's crazy hysterical screaming. Don't really think it's separation anxiety. Does he just crave/need Mama time? Sometimes I feel embarrassed that he wants me so much over my DH.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Sounds like separation anxiety to me. I've found separation anxiety to coincide with mobility. DS1 went through it starting about 11 months when he started crawling. DS2 is starting it now at 7 months after just starting to crawl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.