Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my first post here. I am trying to figure out if my DS symptoms are just part of the normal separation process or if it's time to head to the doctor. I have read a lot of information already discussed here and most of his symptoms seem typical except for the one I'm asking about... He's 5, no previous issues except for one UTI around age 3. Yesterday, complained of pain during urination. Actually asked for an ice pack. Tip looks red and irritated and when he uriniated I saw what looked like pus, but after reading here, is probably smegma. it was watery but white so I guess smegma mixed with urine? no foul odor to indicate infection. But here is my concern. His penis looks swollen and there is an area, about halfway down the shaft that appears to be more swollen than the rest. When I ask him where he hurts, he points to this area. Most of what I've read here refers to pain at or around the tip and this is further down, maybe an inch below the tip. No fever. Does this swelling sound like it's part of normal separation and how much is too much? He is still able to urinate and it looks/smells normal so I don't think UTI.
I just sent a text to the daycare to check on him and they told me he is playing but cried because he didn't want to go to the potty b/c it hurts. I'm really trying to avoid the doctor b/c I don't want them messing around with him too much but i don't want him to hurt or delay treatment if he needs antibiotics. Thank You.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hello, my first post here. I am trying to figure out if my DS symptoms are just part of the normal separation process or if it's time to head to the doctor. I have read a lot of information already discussed here and most of his symptoms seem typical except for the one I'm asking about... He's 5, no previous issues except for one UTI around age 3. Yesterday, complained of pain during urination. Actually asked for an ice pack. Tip looks red and irritated and when he uriniated I saw what looked like pus, but after reading here, is probably smegma. it was watery but white so I guess smegma mixed with urine? no foul odor to indicate infection. But here is my concern. His penis looks swollen and there is an area, about halfway down the shaft that appears to be more swollen than the rest. When I ask him where he hurts, he points to this area. Most of what I've read here refers to pain at or around the tip and this is further down, maybe an inch below the tip. No fever. Does this swelling sound like it's part of normal separation and how much is too much? He is still able to urinate and it looks/smells normal so I don't think UTI.
I just sent a text to the daycare to check on him and they told me he is playing but cried because he didn't want to go to the potty b/c it hurts. I'm really trying to avoid the doctor b/c I don't want them messing around with him too much but i don't want him to hurt or delay treatment if he needs antibiotics. Thank You.
Sounds like a doctor thing.

Just remember that lots of genital issues happen to girls and they somehow nearly all get cleared up without surgery.

Just remember that only its owner should ever retract a foreskin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.