Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I browsed the website, but couldn't find any info about this I apologize if this is a repost. Me and my daughters father have been separated even before she was born, but we have great communication with each other, now that our daughter is 2. She seems to be connected more to my parents and his parents and me then him, and I can tell it saddens him, he admits, that when they are alone, she shows him all her love, but when were in a group with family, she wont pay him a dime of attention, he feels guilty about this and I know its because he was distant in the beginning when our daughter was younger. I'm glad that hes trying more then ever now to be a part of her life, I just wonder what I can tell him to do so she loves him more, when were in groups hanging out?

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
This is not uncommon that children will naturally gravitate towards novel or more exciting persons when in a group setting. She pays attention to him when they are more "one on one" and that's a win. Nothing to fret about. Dad needs to understand this is normal and not force it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't have any experience with this, but I wanted to say that I think you're a great mom for being open hearted about helping your child's dad to be closer to his daughter even though you're separated. If it's any help I think that it might just take a little time. Please tell him that love grows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
She is just a child, when she grows up she will know that her father has always loved here and that's the really important thing. I understand that now it is difficult for him but he has to be patient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts