Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, maybe someone can help me out. I have a 15 month old daughter. She pretty much has become dependent on breastfeeding for sleeping, she needs her "milkies"! I don't necessarily have an issue with that, I am a stay at home mom/student, and I am fine being needed for bedtime. Here is my issue. My sister has asked me to support her through the birth of her first child, I am so honored and excited to embark on this momentous journey by her side. She is due in two months. As the date approachs, I get more and more concerned about leaving my daughter, it could be for a few hours, or it could go over 24 hours, or more, who knows! Not that her daddy isn't competent or anything, they have a wonderful relantionship! I'm just afraid this will be really hard on her, and him. Any suggestions to help ease this transition?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it would be hard to be of much support to a laboring mother if you are looking after a toddler, and not everyone would be comfortable with a toddler present at a birth, so I can see why you wouldn't bring her.

You have time to start getting her used to a new bedtime routine of nursing then falling asleep, instead of falling asleep still attached to the breast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ladies for some guidance, she is a pretty crazy little kid, maybe for quick sessions she can come along, I will try to figure it out, maybe changing sleeping habits, thats an intimadating thought!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.