Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my husband is 'nesting' because he has been scrubbing out the shower and completing half-finished projects. Feeling really tired again, but the indigestion seems to have mostly subsided with raw almonds and not drinking while eating.

Trying to muster up the energy to have a fun week before my son starts part-time preschool next week. He still really needs a nap, but won't sleep anymore....ugh!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Oh my goodness I'm nesting like CRAZY! Diapers are ready, car seat is installed, kitchen and bathroom have been scrubbed to within an inch of their lives, additional twin futon mattress on it's way, room reorganized, car cleaned out...I'm running out of shit to do!

Still working FT, 5 more weeks to go...in counting down the minutes! Hoping to get everything done so I can just focus on mentally/emotionally preparing for birth ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had an assistant/helper to nest for me :) I am too tired or having too many BH contractions to nest as much as I want to. Unfortunately, my car wouldn't start today...have to call a tow truck tomorrow and bring son to pre-school in a wagon. Luckily, it is not too far away, but it will be quite a work out! We had an awesome childbirth class yesterday. I am getting so excited to meet the little one.

·
Registered
540 Posts
How's everyone doing? 36 weeks tomorrow! Birth supplies on their way, I'm useless at work, and baby is so low my midwife couldn't even properly palpate her head yesterday...she's SO LOW. It's so interesting, I never felt any of this with my son. I feel like she's growing FAST, which is good because she seems to be measuring on the low side (midwife thinks about 4.5 lb now); on the other hand my son was just shy of 7 lb at birth, so I guess this could just be my normal.

And then there's the whole giving birth again thing that in having some feels about...I feel confident but also nervous :/

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am excited for you! It is making me a little annoyed to not have a trustworthy due date - I have a 'range' spanning from the date by LMP, in October, to the date by first ultrasound, in early November, and so don't even know how many weeks to think I am. The baby was always going to be small - we are small people and with heartburn and a high-attention-needs baby there hasn't been time to be rigid about over-eating this pg. Oh well!
One thing that surprised me this go-round is the cramps. I don't remember Braxton-Hicks being this painful last time. There are both contraction-style cramps and diffuse menstrual-style cramps which is a little weird to me as the midwife seems to think Braxton-Hicks feel only like tension, not like contractions..?
Mama2ChicknLil, I hope you have the kind of job where you can take walk breaks! Extended sitting at a computer, even on a pillow, is messing with me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
37 weeks this Wednesday...homebirth supplies and kit are ready. I am ready physically, but not sure how to get ready emotionally. I am excited to experience labor, since I had an c-section before. Still not sure about names. Luckily, I only work a few more weekend days, but I am a nurse and work is exhausting! This baby is low, but has always been low. Heartburn/acid reflux has made it hard to eat/drink, but I try to stuff myself in the morning when it is not as bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts