1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out.
I don't know what to do, really.
I want the baby, I couldn't kill it.
I just don't know how I'm going to do this.
any advice?

(parents don't know, they really would kill me if they knew. and his parents don't know because he said he doesn't want the baby and refuses to help)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

I haven't been where you are, but I feel for you. Is there anyone who you can trust to confide in for support?

I'm in MA too and can try to offer local advice if needed. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Hi Sarah.

I had my first baby at 15. I couldn't abort and I didn't want to give him up for adoption either. This is a decision that is soley your choice so please don't let anybody pressure you in to doing something you do not want to do. I also feel you really need to tell your parents. They can and will help you once they get over the initial shock. Everything will be ok honey.
If you need a person to talk to that's been there you can always pm me.

lots of hugs
Nic

·
Registered
5,376 Posts

I think maybe your parents might deserve a little more credit than you're giving them. Have they supported you in the past? They might surprise you.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ollineeba View Post

I think maybe your parents might deserve a little more credit than you're giving them. Have they supported you in the past? They might surprise you.

I agree. This probably wasn't their dream for you, but if they've loved you this far, they're not going to stop now.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Are there any pregnancy resource centers that can give you support? I support a local pro-life pregnancy center that does pregnancy testing, counseling and mentoring, provides baby supplies, etc. Most that I know of are very professional and helpful. Do you know of any in your area? They could perhaps give you advice/support on how to best tell your parents, also. I hope and pray you can find the emotional and practical support you need.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

I kind of know how you feel. When I got pregnant with this one I was 23 (just turned 24 a few weeks ago), and I'm still in school. I was terrified of telling my parents - they are pretty conservative. I know its different b/c I'm a bit older than you are, but I would encourage you to tell your parents (assuming that you have a good relationship with them). If you don't have a good relationship with your parents, is there a close friends parent that you can talk to? You really need to let someone in on this so that they can help you out a little, this is a lot to process on your own, especially if the boy isn't taking responsibility (I don't want to call him your boyfriend if that's not what he is).

I was lucky in that my boyfriend is super excited about the baby, but we've both had days/weeks/months when we weren't sure what we're doing, or getting ourselves into. It's working out just fine for right now - I'm due in January - but we'll see what happens later.

It's good that you already know that you want to keep the baby, you'll be able to tell people that when you break the news.

Also, contact planned parenthood - they can provide you with prenatal care resources, and help you with logistics a little depending on what your situation is.

Good luck, feel free to pm me if you need to chat, I'm around.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahPJs View Post
my parents have kicked me out of the house for things that are so stupid and little.
I don't think this will go over well.
I'm sorry that they've done that. Eventually you will need to tell them... For now I agree with previous posters about finding someone you can trust to talk to. Telling my family was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but once the dust settled so to speak things were better. It really helps to have someone there with you though.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
First, Congratulations... no seriously. Too few people say that to pregnant teens and well if you want to keep the baby than you deserve to feel like its a joyous thing even if its also going to be a challenging and difficult one.

Then
and just good wishes to you, you have a lot of difficult moments ahead of you sorting this all out. I agree with the previous posters, Massachusetts has tons of support in place for pregnant teens, seek it out. If you need to post on the tribal board for Massachusetts and say what general area you are in and people can give you specific places to call.

If your parents really are that hard edged than seek support first before telling them, but you will eventually have to tell them. Hopefully they will come through for you and not react the way you fear but if you have that support in place first you won't be caught unawares.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Your parents may surprise you! I thought when I found I was pregnant @ 16 that my dad was going to KILL me!!! Very religious and wanted a lot for my life which is understandable...he's my father, BUT I have to say that he was very supportive and was asking me about my plans etc.

Years later when I talked to my stepmom about it she said that at that point there was NO REASON to be mad. What was done was done and the only thing left to do was deal with the task at hand.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
A big
: to everything avivaelona said!

You must be feeling so overwhelmed right now! Just don't let yourself get buried under the weight of all this. You can get through this! And though you don't know how you're going to yet, you will figure it out. Take things one step at a time. You've gotten some good advice already and I bet you'll continue to get more. There are plenty of great mamas here on MDC who have been in your shoes.

Congrats! And I'm sending prayers and good vibes your way!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Oh Sarah, big hugs sweet mama.

One step at a time. One breath at a time. Try to relax and let your inner wisdom guide you. You will tell the right people at the right time, receive the right support at the right time and many, many, many women have conceived a child at your age.

Love to you.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
First, big hugs to you
. Second, I've been where you are, it's a scary place to be. I got pregnant with my first when I was 17. He was born a month after I turned 18. I was soo afraid to tell my mom and dad, but when I finally did It didn't go as badly as I thought it would. They were upset and dissapointed, but they came around and were a huge support to me. They allowed us to live with them for 4 years. Logan's father wasn't/isn't around much, mostly when he has a new girlfriend he wasn't to look good in front of

This will be the hardest thing you've ever done, but the rewards are totally worth it! If you need support this is the place to get it.

Good luck, and I hope your parents will react better than you think they will.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
One thing you might want to do is head over to Planned Parenthood. (Un)surprisingly, they do a lot more than abortion, and every single clinic in Massachusetts has pregnancy services. Apparently they don't do prenatal care, but they can help you find it, presumably cheap and/or free prenatal care.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...findCenter.asp

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and i hope it goes well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.