Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After my procedure on Thursday, I felt really sore, crampy and tired. Friday I felt a little better. Today, I feel worse than after the procedure. My ovaries are tender, and my uterus is in agony! My bleeding is much heavier, I soaked a pad in 30 mins (in the past hour). Would you call the Dr or just try to lie down and wait it out?

I am just worried that maybe I retained tissue or something? What do you think?

Thanks.

Hugs and prayers,

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm super crampy and bleeding a ton too. It's been 4 days since my natural miscarriage. My bleeding was almost nothing all day, then this evening, I'm all of a sudden really crampy and bleeding a bunch.

I'm waiting it out. I've not soaked a pad yet, but have put plenty in the toilet (I'm peeing every 20-30 minutes) and probably would have by now if I hadn't peed so much. I've seen a few clots in there too....I'm thinking it's normal.

The three things my MW told me to be concerned about were fever, stabbing pain that doesn't subside down there, and soaking more than one overnight/postpartum pad an hour. So if it was me, and I soaked two more in the next two hours, I'd definately call.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I used a heating pad most of last night and felt a little better this AM. We'll see how this continues....

Hugs and prayers,

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I agree, keep an eye on that bleeding. Do you have someone there with you just in case? I've never had a D&E so I can't give you more advice, sorry.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by apecaut View Post
I agree, keep an eye on that bleeding. Do you have someone there with you just in case? I've never had a D&E so I can't give you more advice, sorry.

Thanks. My Dh is here at night, if it gets worse during the day, I am going to call the Dr and go in. It seemed a little better today. Just achy. I would not wish this pain on anyone.

Take care!

Hugs and prayer,

·
Registered
669 Posts
FWIW, I had another labor-like night on Sunday. Really bad cramps/contractions and lots of bleeding. I passed a huge "plop" in the toilet, which I assume was a clot (although it felt like my uterus!!) and the bleeding slowed a bunch.

Yep, the heating pads are wonders. I have those rice ones you stick in the microwave, and I had both of them cooked up, one on my abdomen, one on my back. It was murder!!!!

I've been taking lots of tylenol extra strenght, and it seems to help the back a little, but not the uterus......My midwife said Motrin, but I don't have any of that in the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.