Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd 14 months was sick last night she threw up 3 times no fever nothing else. Today she has been pretty much fine playing but her bowel movements have gotten softer and are a very pale light brown,grainy and soft with a horrid smell. She screams and shakes after she goes and her bottom is bright red. She won't hardly let us touch it we put her in the bath but she screams like torture
She is nursing now and I put some motherlove cream on it.

The only thing that changed in her diet yesterday was coconut she had it for the first time in a bar I made with cashews,dates,maple syrup,oats. (all of those except the coconut she has had.)

Please help what should we do?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The BM part is a common sign of a food intolerance. DD does this with eggs. It may not have been the coconut though...it could be something that she has had before that she has grown an intolerance to. It can become cyclical and make her afraid to use the bathroom so I would just cut back to things you know she isn't reacting to and start introducing some of the newer stuff again at a slower rate.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting!! She did have egg yesterday too a hard boiled one and we haven't eaten eggs in months but due to easter the kids were dying eggs ....ugh ...We also just started using spelt flour in our breads could this be a problem???

The smell is also worrying as I have never smelled anything like it ( not an egg smell either almost like a chemical smell)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
rotavirus poop has a very unusual and horrible stench to it-sort of like fish and rotten garbage. like, nose-hair burningly strong, too. both my kids had a round of it about 2 months ago. it started with no fever, some vomiting for a day, then diarrhea (rancid smell, and eventually, bright yellowish in color) and fever, then fever broke, no more barfing, diarrhea stopped. it was nooooo fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.