Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas,
I cosleep & frequently bf my 6 month old during the night, and I think I have been side-lying nursing in a bad position!
For about a week now, I have had a very sore neck/upper back. Got a massage from a friend on Wed., tried heat, tiger balm. Last night I was up from 2a-4a in pain, and took advil in desperation (which did help).
Does anyone have any other ideas for how to make me feel better
? Also is tiger balm ok while bfeeding?
We have some arnica around, should I take that? I am sooo sore, but it's not like I can stop picking up dd, nursing her lying down etc. I can barely turn my head from side to side.

HELP!

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I too occassionally suffer from pain, depending on how I lay. I've found, since I too lay on my side, if I am not fully on my side I will have problems the next day. Meaning is your weight shifting towards your back. You need to be completely on your side. I've also found placing a pillow behind my lower back, kinda of tucked under it helps to keep me from leaning back. I'd also try sleeping without a pillow as it may help keep your spine aligned.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Early on I suffered from a lot of back pain. But it was my muscles that hurt. Turned out I had a rib popped out of my spine! My mom is a massage therapist and knows a really good chiropractor, and he fixed me in one go. Since then, I have experienced a few other problems and had to adjust what I was doing, like I would have to get out of bed and sit in a chair to nurse at night. Annoying, but better than being in pain!
Good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.