Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,636 Posts
Hiii. I'm an Army wife as well (Ft Hood)...do you have tricare prime? If so, you can go offpost. My ob is offpost (Thank the Lord lol)...did you have any previous abdominal surgeries? (ie, c section)...pain my be nothing or it could be something severe. My baby girl died of uterine rupture 6 months ago and I remember feeling a dull ache on one side of my abdomen...DO NOT WAIT FOR HELP....
yes, I know the ers on post can be hectic. I dread going. If its too bad, we go offpost for emergencies as well...

· Registered
2,636 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaverdi View Post
Please if you are in severe pain, work out the insurance later. Go to the ER off base. Call an OB off base. We have been in the situation of not having insurance and needing emergency care. More than a couple of times. The hospital may apply you for medicaid...which can be retroactive. Though I don't know how this/if this works with military families.

Amen. In the end, wants most important is that everything is ok for mom and the baby. Money can be worked out later...

When we first got here, we were told that if we had tricare prime, we shouldn't spend a dime. And we haven't. Not for the ultrasounds (i had to have a few at an OFFPOST hospital for emergencies) or anything. BUT my dh told me a few months ago that for ppl who are already being seen on base, can not go off base (something of that nature). Thats how it was told to him. Because we were thinking of an onpost doc while we look for another ob...but now, we're not going on post. But with tricare prime, you shouldn't have to pay for anything. Even meds. This is odd...
:

· Registered
2,636 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof2soon2b3 View Post
Well I would love to be able to go to the er and worry about the bills later but I guess you would have to know me and my situation...I have severe anxiety and don't need anymore bills on my plate I have way too much stress already...Medicaid is NOT an option
As far as something being wrong I don't have a clue I have never had fibroids (I don't have a clue what they are) and I have never had any ovarian cysts either...they never do any tests the only time they did is when I was in severe pain had a temp. and I had a kidney infection but then all they did was a kidney ultrasound...They never want to do what a doctor should do...I just keep taking tylenol and resting as much as I can...Thanks everyone
Look, I know its hard for you to understand...but I swear...if going broke would bring my daughter (who was stillborn to uterine rupture) back I would do it. Please go make sure you are ok (as well as the baby's environment). Its worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.