Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,624 Posts
I just had to post to you. I'm a miltary wife and know a LOT about tricare b/c they have tired to screw me one too many times. Let me tell you that if the drs on base send you off base then tricare HAS to cover the cost if you had a referal. And if you are tricare prime. And tricare will tell you that they won't cover if you go to the er but if you go they WILL and HAVE to cover it. An emergancy is just that! If I were you I'd go to the ER in the next town too b/c you could say that you were out when it started and went right to the ER.

As far as the OB goes keep calling them and they will give in. Ask to leave a message for the dr don't take no for an answer. If a nurse calls you back say that you want to talk to a dr. does your OB have walk in appts? If so tell them you want a same day appt. Also you could call L&D and get them to see you.

I'm so sorry you are having so many problems with the base drs and er. My experience is that you have to keep bugging them and stand your ground. Make them crazy and they will see you. If you would like to chat more about it then please PM me. I've been around the military all my life so this is nothing new to me.

Good luck sweetie.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.