Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having severe pain in my lower abdomen ALL the ob doctors on post refuse to check anything out they are terrible ob doctors...I am not allowed to see anyone off the base because I won't have insurance coverage...I am scared and want to make sure everything is ok...I am about doubled over in pain...I have 2 other children ages 3 and 4 so I can't just lay down all day...I need some suggestions please...I am 18w 4d...

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I don't have my appendix anymore and no it didn't start when I got up I was sitting down when the pain started...I am still in severe pain I tryed to take a nap and couldn't sleep very well...I have been drinking TONS of water and gatorade today as well hoping that would help and still nothing...The er doctors are worse than the ob so that's not going to help either...I have another post about the er as well about my bad experience...I wish there was something I could do...I am not sure if you are very familiar with ers on bases but they can make you wait up to 24 hours to be seen I THINK the reason is because all the doctors on post tell EVERYONE to go to the er if they have any problems so there is ALWAYS a VERY full er it's even harder to get in to see a doctor...If you have a problem you have to wait ATLEAST 2 weeks to get in...

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was admitted into the hospital a month ago and for some reason the hospital on base sent me to an off post hospital to get an ultrasound of my kidneys and tricare prime will NOT cover it...I have had to go to the other hospital for something that would have def. killed me if not seen and they won't cover that either...My husband and I went up to the hospital on post and talked to the tricare office and they are the ones who said that I will NOT have insurance if I choose to go off post...This is so frustrating...I am on Fort Sill and they totally suck here...I tryed calling ob yesterday and today they had me on hold forever and finally told me to go to the er...I am sorry but after them giving me valium and telling me my baby was going to die that night and there was nothing they could do I REFUSE to go back to that er...I would just go to the other er off post but I already have bills from me and my girls there cuz I didn't know we couldn't go there...Not to mention my husband REFUSES to take me there because he is getting out in Jan. and we don't have the money now let alone in Jan. ykwim? thanks for the suggestions though...The pain isn't as bad today but still worries me...It is possible it's pain from my c-section scar...I have had 2 c-sections the pain is just higher so I didn't figure it could be...

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I would love to be able to go to the er and worry about the bills later but I guess you would have to know me and my situation...I have severe anxiety and don't need anymore bills on my plate I have way too much stress already...Medicaid is NOT an option
As far as something being wrong I don't have a clue I have never had fibroids (I don't have a clue what they are) and I have never had any ovarian cysts either...they never do any tests the only time they did is when I was in severe pain had a temp. and I had a kidney infection but then all they did was a kidney ultrasound...They never want to do what a doctor should do...I just keep taking tylenol and resting as much as I can...Thanks everyone

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you so much everyone for your input...I have been trying to call ob the past few days and they just tell me to go to the er (WARNING TMI AHEAD) I also had some fluid leaking I stood up and the gush of fluid came out and ran down my leg it was a little bloody but it happened just the once since a few weeks ago...I do not have an eptopic pregnancy wouldn't that have killed me by now if I did?I am 19 w tomorrow...I plan on keeping on the doctors because I know you do have to keep on them about the same thing 50 times in order for them to do anything...I am going to do what I can because being in pain for 3-4 days is not cool and it worries me...I have been having a lot of B&H as well which scares me that it will turn into real contractions...Once again thank you sooo much

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok so here's what happened today...I called the ob and of course they said go to the er well the er says they can't figure out where the fluid would have came from (just like last time) they said my cervix is closed and long all they really did was tell me AGAIN that there isn't anything they could do to stop the contractions...They aren't B&H but real contractions but they aren't making me dialate...They told me to take tylenol for the pain and after 20 weeks WOW 1 whole week then they can do something...I hate these doctors...I am so sick and tired of me and my unborn being treated this way...I had preterm labor with both my other kids in a different state and with 2 different ob doctors and BOTH of them did an ultrasound put me on bedrest for a certain amount of time and gave me something for the contrations and they did stop even at 17 weeks which is when it started both times...With my oldest they put me on brethene (sp?) until 7 or 8 months and had me on bedrest she ended up being 2 weeks late...My youngest they gave me shots of brethene (sp?) every time I had to go in and had me on bed rest and she was born at 36 weeks and couldn't breathe...This upsets me that the doctors here aren't even so much as giving me an ultrasound even after I fell the other day...Grr I am so frustrated...I am afraid that if I do go to another hospital and since everyone is saying that if it's an emergency tri-care will cover it but if they don't consider it an emergency like no one does then they won't pay...My husband will NOT let me rack up anymore bills from the hospital...I know that sounds bad but it's better that we have less stress TRUST ME...I would do it while he was at work but I can't drive and have no money for a taxi or anything...And no friends here cuz I NEVER get out of the house

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't have an eptopic pregnancy I have had 2 quick ultrasounds near the beginning of the pregnancy...If I could drive I would be somewhere in a heartbeat but with no money no being able to drive or walk what can I do?My husband will NOT take me anywhere else and I have no friends...There is a girl I met a while back and I have talked to her today and she is suppose to take me somewhere to chat so maybe I can ask her if she'll take me...I will let you all know...I don't know this girl very well and I know she is on drugs nad what not but at this point I am desperate to see someone different...It's not that I am refusing to go but NO ONE knows my situation and I can't really explain it either so I am sorry if you think that I am not wanting to go...I cry every day thinking that if I could just get to the doctor and see the baby and make sure baby is ok then I would feel so much better...Now not only do I have lower abdominal pain but I have a migraine as well I woke up with it and seeing as how it feels 10x better than this morning I needed to get off my butt and do SOMETHING...thanx for the advice and just please pray for me...

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am doing ok now still having pain but I just lay down if it gets too bad...the doctors won't even suggest anything because they aren't worried or don't care so I pretty much just put myself on bedrest if I don't feel quite right if everyone could just keep me in their thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it...Baby O has been moving around a lot again so I am starting to think more positive again...I go for an ultrasound on the 8th so I will be able to see more in depth what is going on I hope...I also have an OB appointment on the 6th so I am going to bring this all up to my doc AGAIN and maybe they will listen if I complain enough but that's the army for ya...Thank you all for your support

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.