Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
if its an emergency tricare will cover it, i would go to an offpost facility if i were you. i hate military drs , specialyl at the ER they tend to give u motrin and send u on your way . you end up with a collection of motrin lmao. but seriously in an emergency tricare covers it u just have to call em within like 24-48 hrs after your seen though to let them know and im sure u have to fill out paperwork etc. the last base i was at didnt have an OB on base
so i was referred offbase but i know how much of a pain military drs can be, here i dont get seen on base either there isnt a hospital on the base we are at so im being seen at a german hospital. i hate going there but i got no choice but at least in the states u can ogo to another hospital wich is what id be doing, just let tricare know it was an emergency and that was the closest to u , where u were at the time it happened
they alway scover it in emergency cases as long as u notify them asap

· Registered
198 Posts
i think as long as you went to an ER tricare constitutes it as an emergency but to avoid the bills u have to call tricare asap. i would think with two preterm labors yourpregnancy would be high risk. are they military drs?? i would call tricare or ask your husband to speak to someone in command to see an offbase OB because that is bullshit, im sure if u speak to the right people they can get u seen offbase for free or even just a $25 copay . id threaten them too, because if something happens to your baby i honestly would blame it on them. does your ob now know your history?? eh i got lucky and was not seen on base with my son the military base i was near didnt have an OBGYN or ER so i had to go offbase, wich was 45 min away but there was ahospital 10 min from me if it were a Emergency i cuold go there and call tricare etc btu the hospital tricare covers me at normally wa sa 45 min drive so any other things i would have to go there , but if it were a emergency where it would be better to go to the closest hospital id go be seen and stuff then let try care know within 48 hrs that iw as seen there. and now with my 2nd pregnancy there isnt an OB on base just a small clinic so i am being seen off base at a german hospital that i really dont like but i got no choice. i tell the drs about pains etc last time she just smiled at me but they do an u.s everytime and babies fine so eh .
based on yoru history just go to a diff hospital , cry etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.