Mothering Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok so here's what happened today...I called the ob and of course they said go to the er well the er says they can't figure out where the fluid would have came from (just like last time) they said my cervix is closed and long all they really did was tell me AGAIN that there isn't anything they could do to stop the contractions...They aren't B&H but real contractions but they aren't making me dialate...They told me to take tylenol for the pain and after 20 weeks WOW 1 whole week then they can do something...I hate these doctors...I am so sick and tired of me and my unborn being treated this way...I had preterm labor with both my other kids in a different state and with 2 different ob doctors and BOTH of them did an ultrasound put me on bedrest for a certain amount of time and gave me something for the contrations and they did stop even at 17 weeks which is when it started both times...With my oldest they put me on brethene (sp?) until 7 or 8 months and had me on bedrest she ended up being 2 weeks late...My youngest they gave me shots of brethene (sp?) every time I had to go in and had me on bed rest and she was born at 36 weeks and couldn't breathe...This upsets me that the doctors here aren't even so much as giving me an ultrasound even after I fell the other day...Grr I am so frustrated...I am afraid that if I do go to another hospital and since everyone is saying that if it's an emergency tri-care will cover it but if they don't consider it an emergency like no one does then they won't pay...My husband will NOT let me rack up anymore bills from the hospital...I know that sounds bad but it's better that we have less stress TRUST ME...I would do it while he was at work but I can't drive and have no money for a taxi or anything...And no friends here cuz I NEVER get out of the house

· Registered
300 Posts
You did not mention before that you fell. Did they test the fluid with a strip, they can tell if it is amniotic fluid? Sometimes an ectopic pregnancy can get really far, my aunt had one up until 22 weeks, but that was way before ultrasounds even existed. So you fell and you are leaking fluid and you are in pain. This is so dangerous to your life as well as the baby's. I don't know how else to help you, because the very thing you need to do like go get a second opinion, you won't do. So I wish the best for you and your baby.

· Registered
12,614 Posts
Erica, how are you doing today? These doctors are totally incompetent bafoons. Are midwives legal in OK? I think if you called a midwife, explained the situation...surely there is someone who can help you.

You want to talk anxiety disorder...boy, no I do understand that. If I told you what all we were going through when we had to go to the ER...geesh, that gives most people a need to have an anxiety disorder.

At the very least, you need care for YOU. Do you have a GP?

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't have an eptopic pregnancy I have had 2 quick ultrasounds near the beginning of the pregnancy...If I could drive I would be somewhere in a heartbeat but with no money no being able to drive or walk what can I do?My husband will NOT take me anywhere else and I have no friends...There is a girl I met a while back and I have talked to her today and she is suppose to take me somewhere to chat so maybe I can ask her if she'll take me...I will let you all know...I don't know this girl very well and I know she is on drugs nad what not but at this point I am desperate to see someone different...It's not that I am refusing to go but NO ONE knows my situation and I can't really explain it either so I am sorry if you think that I am not wanting to go...I cry every day thinking that if I could just get to the doctor and see the baby and make sure baby is ok then I would feel so much better...Now not only do I have lower abdominal pain but I have a migraine as well I woke up with it and seeing as how it feels 10x better than this morning I needed to get off my butt and do SOMETHING...thanx for the advice and just please pray for me...

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am doing ok now still having pain but I just lay down if it gets too bad...the doctors won't even suggest anything because they aren't worried or don't care so I pretty much just put myself on bedrest if I don't feel quite right if everyone could just keep me in their thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it...Baby O has been moving around a lot again so I am starting to think more positive again...I go for an ultrasound on the 8th so I will be able to see more in depth what is going on I hope...I also have an OB appointment on the 6th so I am going to bring this all up to my doc AGAIN and maybe they will listen if I complain enough but that's the army for ya...Thank you all for your support

· Registered
198 Posts
i think as long as you went to an ER tricare constitutes it as an emergency but to avoid the bills u have to call tricare asap. i would think with two preterm labors yourpregnancy would be high risk. are they military drs?? i would call tricare or ask your husband to speak to someone in command to see an offbase OB because that is bullshit, im sure if u speak to the right people they can get u seen offbase for free or even just a $25 copay . id threaten them too, because if something happens to your baby i honestly would blame it on them. does your ob now know your history?? eh i got lucky and was not seen on base with my son the military base i was near didnt have an OBGYN or ER so i had to go offbase, wich was 45 min away but there was ahospital 10 min from me if it were a Emergency i cuold go there and call tricare etc btu the hospital tricare covers me at normally wa sa 45 min drive so any other things i would have to go there , but if it were a emergency where it would be better to go to the closest hospital id go be seen and stuff then let try care know within 48 hrs that iw as seen there. and now with my 2nd pregnancy there isnt an OB on base just a small clinic so i am being seen off base at a german hospital that i really dont like but i got no choice. i tell the drs about pains etc last time she just smiled at me but they do an u.s everytime and babies fine so eh .
based on yoru history just go to a diff hospital , cry etc

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.