Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found 2 yards of organic velour in a priority mail box in the craftroom (I believe I ordered them a year ago). Anwyays, I would like to make some panty liners and not sure how to get started and if the velour is a good material for it. Would I need a snap press for this? Or would velcro work? Or ??? Any help will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I think pantyliners are usually made of 3 layers but you could probably do 2 if you want, since velor is nice and absorbent. You can use velcro, Mother & Maiden pads is one brand I can think of that come with velcro or snaps, so velcro will work.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think three layers of velour might be bulky, why not spread the velour out over several liners and use flannel or something else as the under fabric. Just my thoughts...velour is $$ and super yummy, might as well enjoy it

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll use the velour for the top and 2 layers of flannel under. BTW, I love your site love2bmom. What a great idea to create a kit!! My youngest is almost potty trained otherwise I'll order one of your kits.

BTW, I just read on etsy that you can add a layer of fleece on the bottom to prevent slipage. Does that work?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thank you.
I've never added fleece, so I don't know. I always like to make one of something in each way I think I might like it. Wash, use, and decide what I do and don't like. Then make the rest. I hate when I've made several of something and ended up hating it.
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts