Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did sex get better for anyone after giving birth?

I'm heard some women find it easier to orgasm after childbirth. You always hear about the opposite - that sex gets worse after a baby!

I'm trying to do some research on the topic, so any insight/help would be welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've read as well that a woman's vagina can apparently "change direction" during/after childbirth (which was given as the reason for why some women have more/easier orgasms)...but when I asked an ob-gyn about it, she told me she'd never heard of that.

I've also seen some women say that things feel "tighter" down there after, but the gynecologist said usually when that happens it's not a pleasant sensation for the woman! So I'm a little confused...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, sex before first child sucked. It always hurt and frequently bled. We tried everything and went to tons of doctors. I could O just fine, but actual penetration was bad. After first child, things went from awful to bearable. Uncomfortable instead of very painful. After #2 , things were better yet. At worst, penetration was nothing. At best it was good. After #3 , the good was more often than the nothing. I hope #4 doesn't mess it up. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hii.. After ı have child ,sex get worse. Because I usually got tıred. I often woke up suddenly at all night. So I want to sex with my partner. But my daugther bring up gradually, my lıfe is more tidy. I think ,this topic completely related to women psychology.not related vagina.....

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
things feel "tighter" down there after
Doctors sometimes sew up an episiotomy with an extra stitch called a husband's knot which makes the vagina tighter than it was before, and some women feel pain.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was surprised, but for me sex improved. Well, I guess the orgasms improved. I can feel them up into my uterus now which is awesome. I didn't even think about having sex until after my six week check up though. Not that I had a certain date in mind, I just wasn't ready until that point. The birth was still fresh in my mind and it was hard to switch back to a sexual being. My advice for first time mamas is don't worry about taking your time. Communicate with your partner, and maybe just stick to foreplay until you are comfortable. You just went through a lot! Take it easy. It will come back.

This time around, I think I'm going to look into yoni eggs to tighten things back up. I've read great reviews, and there's no risk or side effects so why not?

Applejuice mentioned the "husband knot/stitch". It made me think of a story I read somewhere... after the birth, a husband asked the doctor to add an extra stitch down there for him, wink wink. And the amazing doctor said, "pull your pants down so I know how small to make it." YES! Not sure if it was a true story or a joke, but either way it's a great comeback!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think one reason you are getting varied responses is because so much of it depends on how the couple fits together and what happens after delivery.

For the woman, you can have as applejuice, stated being sewn up extra tight, which might be great if your partner is on the err smaller end but awful if hes not.

If you have a tear that just doesn't heal right and things feel looser, then the smaller guy might mean less sensation but the bigger might become perfect feeling.

So i think it has a lot more to do with how your sex is prior to baby and what happens after delivery.

Also keep in mind that most tears or episiotomies will become scar tissue and depending on where that is located, can greatly change for better or worse your sex life. Some people have no sensation in the scar tissue and others are always sensitive.

For anyone struggling with these things, there are incredible advances in pelvic floor physical therapy centers to help women with these issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts