Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Client told me that her OB said to stop having sex because of infection. I have never heard this. Her water is NOT broken and she is 38 weeks. Anyone heard of this?
Allison

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She did test positive but OB did not get results back when he told her this. She talked to him again about this and he said also because sex causes bleeding. She had no probs with infection at all. Mom has all ready had her baby though.
Thanks,
Allison

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mom did great. She ended up choosing to be induced but they turned the pit off after an hour and her body took over.
She labored wonderfully and was stuck at 7cm for a long time (about 3 hrs). She did choose to have an epidural but I really think it helped her. She was 10 pretty quickly after that and it helped lower her BP which was getting pretty high. Pushed for about 1 1/2 and out came a beautiful boy. 6 lbs 9 oz. While she was pushing the doc and nurse kept telling her it was a BIG baby. So much for what they know! She is home now and doing great. Has been having some latch issues but since she lives in the same apt complex as I do I have been able to go over there at the drop of a hat.
Thanks,
Allison

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.