Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone managing this? I did a couple days ago and it was awesome! Meaning it lasted five minutes, thank god. I am just so awkward and uncomfortable and our standard position of me on top felt like my belly was being squished no matter how upright I was. Argggggghh!
I know semen can help ripen a cervix and I want to enjoy my marriage fully before a long postpartum sex break, but man I'm just not a bedroom dynamo anymore at all.
Are you guys managing to do very much in the way of extra curricular activities with your full term baby housing bodies?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
We did a couple of days ago too. It wasn't enjoyable nor unenjoyable (for me) - I just had the mindset of "c'mon semen, ripen my cervix!" :lol DH enjoyed it, of course.

DH is weird about sex at this point because he doesn't want to make me go into labor (which is something I've never understood because I won't go into labor unless I'm ready - and I've explained this to him a thousand times..) I keep telling him he better enjoy it now because there will be a dry spell of a few weeks coming up soon!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
We haven't done it in a while. It causes wicked ctx for me and I was trying to hold off until July, lol. And that's tomorrow! Now I may wait until this insane week is over.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
We haven't done it in a while. It causes wicked ctx for me and I was trying to hold off until July, lol. And that's tomorrow! Now I may wait until this insane week is over.
Yeah, I'm not quite feeling like pulling tricks out of my bag to get labor going just yet. Ask me next week and I'll surely tell you a different story. :lol

At this point I practically have to force DH to have sex. He knows WHY I want to have sex at this point. :lol

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
We did 3 times since I hit 40 weeks. The last brewing the day I went into labor. DH was on top ,but my body was twisted to the side a bit to get my belly out of the way. It was thankfully quick! And my enjoyment was definitely of the "ripen my cervix" variety!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm actually ahead of the game in this group because I'm still getting off during sex? :) luckily I'm just as "quick" as DH can be(when he knows I want him to be). So I can't really complain as long as it's five minutes or so (or less!), since I'm having an orgasm and getting the special sauce too, huh? Hahaha

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Oh, I'm all for getting off, lol, but those prostaglandins... Phew. Sometimes I even get cramps from them when I'm not pregnant!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Lots of O-ing over here and it feels different lately, like it's doing something to my cervix...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Damn you ladies still having an orgasm! I mean...I am really happy for you but I am jealous! We haven't been having much sex but it's like every other time it is good for me. I have been telling DH that we need to get it on because soon there will be no boning regardless of the mood. I need to get DH to do some yard work. That always turns me on. Lol.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'm about the size of a full term lady (I've gained 45 lbs so far) and yeah, sex is a huge challenge. We've discovered that the only position that works is doggie style bent over the Ottoman for support. We just drag the Ottoman into the bedroom. Hehe. My belly gets in the way in every other position.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm about the size of a full term lady (I've gained 45 lbs so far) and yeah, sex is a huge challenge. We've discovered that the only position that works is doggie style bent over the Ottoman for support. We just drag the Ottoman into the bedroom. Hehe. My belly gets in the way in every other position.
This position makes DH finish in roughly 4 seconds....Only good for ripening.... Lol.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Yep! Spooning works but it's not much fun for either of us. DS is the way to go!

This position makes DH finish in roughly 4 seconds....Only good for ripening.... Lol.
Ditto that!! :lol If he's getting it often enough he can last longer, but yeah, I need "extra sources" to O this way. :Sheepish

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is much harder for me to have an orgasm these days, pretty much since the third trimester...ugh! It happens, just takes FOREVER. Not that I was ever quick to begin with but good gravy I sometimes lose patience with myself! We haven't for a few weeks which drives me crazy because I miss it but I'm SO TIRED. I have the same mentality of "we need to be having lots of sex before the LONG spell of no sex" after bub is born. I also want him to cook for a little bit yet so I don't want husband's semen to trigger labor, silly? Yes, no?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing to worry about, if baby isn't ready, no amount of sex will help. I was having it constantly for the last month of my last pregnancy, and she still came out well over 9lb and 9 days past her due date!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I love this thread. I hope it continues. I need the inspiration! Actually, DH does. He is just so not sexual right now. Should I be worried? We have never had this type of draught happen in our relationship together.

If I were to strap him down, in a perfect moment, I am betting he would re-emerge and find that he wants more- but, alas, I have not actually done this. I am just so tired! So, neither of us are instigating and that means it is not happening over here! Must change this...

·
Registered
52 Posts
This thread is so fun :) i read it last night and it inspired me:smile:I have been super cranky and after reading this i hoped if i got an O it would help me feel somewhat happy if only for a little bit. Husband was too tired for "normal" sex but with his help and my BOB i got what i needed:wink: by the time i was done i felt like i ran a marathon and needed to go to sleep right now but it worked i felt like i was on cloud 9 for ten ish min or so :smile:
I have to make myself have sex these days it a choice in my mind cause i don't feel turned on until we make out or something or other but as i found last night making myself do it so i can feel that good feeling is so worth it :grin:
hopefully this baby comes soon! i've been doing EPO and my 6wk formual and spikenard and cervix ripener and the baby has finally turned from posterior i just need a better outlook and attitude and i'll be 100% ready

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh I'm not feeling amorous at all until I am actually in flagranto! I have to choose to have sex because I know I will enjoy it (for a moment), it might ripen my cervix, and we are on the cusp of a dry spell. It's so uncomfortable excluding the O, and totally exhausting.

Man I wish I could pin him down more than once or twice a week but life is so busy and we then both are lusting for sleep!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm very late to this party (have been hanging out in the June DDC for a while, thinking this baby was going to be born in June, but alas, s/he has not decided to appear just yet!) - we've been doing the spoon for a while now, awkward with our legs all tangled up, but we're both longing for postpartum sex. @funfunkyfantastic, the ottoman idea is awesome! Our ottoman is more like part of the couch, so once my stepson is back at his mom's house on Monday, I'm trying this out!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts