Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know what to say. Sad. Hope this doesn't give more fuel to the wrong side of anti choice.<br><br><a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97925,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97925,00.html</a>

·
Registered
22,154 Posts
Thank you for posting the article. Weather on believes in abortion or not, I think more research needs to be done on RU-486.<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Patients who take RU-486 take the first pill under the care of a physician. A second medication called misoprostol, taken three days later, induces labor so the embryo can be expelled. In 5 to 8 percent of cases, surgery is required to stop the patient's bleeding.</td>
</tr></table></div>
What I read in this, is that women are not getting proper follow up care. The woman who died obviously knew something was not right and sought out medical attention. Maybe we need to look further in proper follow up care after RU-486?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, follow up care is so important whether after an in office gyn procedure or birth or RU-486.<br><br>
Are we allowed to quote from the article here? I thought that was not permitted.

·
Registered
22,154 Posts
I think it's especially important when such a powerful drug has been administered. In this particular case the patient went to the hospital with serious concerns. I have to wonder if she was given the attention she needed.<br><br>
Thank you for your concern about quoting an article. It is against policy to quote an entire article. But, you may quote as long as you follow this guideline.<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">You may post:<br>
A link directing readers to a discussion or article<br>
100 words or less from an article as long as those 100 words are not a substantial part of the piece. If you are quoting from a short work such as a poem or a short article then 100 words may not be an acceptable fair use allowance. You should restrict yourself to a minimal quote from the piece. Anything more requires permission to print/reproduce in writing from the copyright holder and placed within your post.</td>
</tr></table></div>
Thanks again for asking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, sorry for my confusion on the copyright. When I saw this on the website:<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Copyright © 2003 ComStock, Inc. Copyright © 2003 ComStock, Inc.<br>
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.</td>
</tr></table></div>
I thought that meant it couldn't be quoted. Sorry again!!<br><br>
Should be interesting to see what kind of litigation this woman's family brings against the drug manufacturer or attending medical personnel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts