Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband, baby and I are planning to move to SF in May so that I can begin my MA in the fall of 2004. I am trying to get a huge jump-start on things to cut down on some of the anxiety I am already feeling. I have mixed feelings because on one hand I am so very excited to move to my favorite city, SF, and begin graduate school finally, but on the other hand I am so nervous and sad about no longer being a SAHM (exclusively) to my little boy come next fall. I don't know what it feels like to be away from him, and the very thought of it is already breaking my heart. I am very studious, so this is a major issue for me.<br><br>
So, as I said, to cut down on some of my nerves, I am trying to find out as much helpful information as possible. We visited the school and area in July and loved it, but there are a lot of things I don't know and didn't have time to check out. So needless to say, I have some questions. I'm getting a lot of answers just from browsing the boards, but I mainly want to hear from you student mamas to get insight into how you do it.<br><br><br>
When do you study? Are you able to study as much as you'd like to? How do you balance your time?<br><br><b>Where do student families live?</b> Is there affordable, i.e. inexpensive, housing in SF, particularly near SFSU? This is a big one for us.<br><br>
Do you use school childcare?<br><br><br>
Any info is helpful. I just want to hear some of your stories to help me get ideas.<br><br>
peace,<br>
nappyhair

1 - 1 of 1 Posts