Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the Shaklee company...anyone have any info on their make-up and body products? I am slightly concerned about the use of fragrance in the cleaning products...it is seeming too good to be true. Any feedback helpful!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
All I can tell you is that I'm really sensitive to fragrances of any kind, and I LOVE their cleaning/laundry products! Just enough smell, and not offensive at all. The Basic H doesn't smell at all. Not at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you heard of phthalates? They are the chemicals that make a lot things smell good and they are not good for you. Have you read Sloan Barnett's Green Goes with Everything? It's a good read. You can also visit her website at <a href="http://greengoeswitheverything.com/" target="_blank">http://greengoeswitheverything.com/</a> to get more info.<br><br>
Shaklee is keenly aware of what is good/bad for the environment and gears all of their entire product lines to be environmentally friendly and safe for you and your family. They are also very careful with product quality.<br><br>
I have a few of the Shaklee makeup items - no smell. But I don't worry about their products as I know they are SAFE.<br><br>
The only thing I have found that really has much of a smell is their hand soap. It's nice and, again, I trust it as safe.<br><br>
And, if there is anything you ever don't like, they have a money back guarantee. Hard to lose with that.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I love shaklee's...only thing i didnt like was there baby products...not good at all. But cleaning supplies...and laundry soaps....awesome...just awesome.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm curious too! Like you said it seems a bit too good to be true.<br>
How about the corn they use to make most of the cleaning supplies, is it GMO free?<br>
I would definately like real answers, not the general "has the green seal of approval" mumbo jumbo, but real stuff. I feel like they have good information on how "off" we are with nutrition and toxins, but I can't plop down a ton of $$ on something that I am not certain about.<br>
Sorry to be so negative, but I am tired of being "taken" and would really like Shaklee to be as great as they claim. Frankly their basic H cleaner works wonders and I can't help but wonder why and how without it being toxic. Know what I mean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts