Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen in a lot of European forums and websites this baby's bath tub. It's called a Shantala bath and it is for newborns to 6, 12 or 18 months (dépending on the size of the bath). It's supposed to be reassure the baby because it's so "closed" and it feels like in the mommy's belly. Have you ever seen something like that in the States ? Do you know if it has another name here ?

Thank you

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm actually writing from Spain and use a "Tummy Tub" (same idea) which is available in the States... my mum was amazed when she saw how my two LOs loved it and wanted to get one for my new niece and discovered that they are available.

We've really, really liked ours and both kids have always loved bathtime

·
Registered
726 Posts
nak

I got a Tummy Tub for dd from New Zealand. It worked really well for us in the early months, but was a bit hard to use by myself when she didn't have good head control. Sometimes it was hard to reach down low to get her clean, and I was perplexed as to how to rinse soap off. But she liked it, so we used it until she was ready for a regular tub.

·
Registered
622 Posts
in what way are these baths different than buckets?
and being a nanny in 3 different european countries, i have never seen anything like a shantala bath.
they look as good as anything else, but a quick googling saw prices of $50+
for a bucket

·
Registered
726 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bremen View Post
in what way are these baths different than buckets?
and being a nanny in 3 different european countries, i have never seen anything like a shantala bath.
they look as good as anything else, but a quick googling saw prices of $50+
for a bucket
nak...

contoured and rounded edges -- no sharp edges
designed to fit a young baby
rubber base to prevent slipping

hth!

·
Registered
22 Posts
While selecting the right bathtub to ensure it is a BPA free plastic and doesn’t have sharp edges to ensure baby stays safe. Adding to this, moms should always consider using natural and organic products to keep the skin smooth, nourished and hydrated. You can also use Babo botanicals shampoo and body wash range to use natural and 100% safe products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.