Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been posted alread somewhere at MDC but I couldn't find it in the search so I'm posting this here:

http://shapeofamother.blogspot.com/

Amazing site devoted to all the wonderous things that happen to our bodies after we create life.

I'm still having trouble getting used to my postpartum belly, and I can't say that this site inspired total acceptance, but at least I know I'm not horribly abnormal.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
wow! that is a very interesting, real and inspiring site! thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Great site but I did not see many after children breasts in the gallery. I am glad that someone is saying that breasts are beautiful even if they don't look like they do after a 90210 doctor operates on them. My breast sag way low and I am proud of them because they have nutured my kids. I just wish I could feel comfortable to even go into my front yard without a bra on!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I just found this site yesterday, thanks to one of my favorite xangans. I love it. I haven't mustered up the courage to post mine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I posted a thread with that link last week on mdc...i think it's great too! I've got pretty good body image, but this site reminded me to HONOR my body for what it can and has done. we are beautiful and it is definitely important to remind ourselves of this.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You know what, for me the point is not whether our bodies are still beautiful. It is whether they/we are noble and courageous. That is what I think that website displays so well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts